“Nice spot and atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Nice spot and atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

At spring and summer it must be great to sit on the deck at the waterfront! But sitting inside is also a pleasure. Perfect for larger groups. A beautiful old warehouse with a good ambiance. Design really well done!

A took a while before our starter was served. And 3 or 4 waiters at our table? Not relaxed!

A waiter apologized and we got coffee on the house. The food was OK but 'not cheap' I will give it another try!

• Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
“Service is not good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very good style of restaurant BUT the food not exited ! And the service is terrible ! Im feeling not in the right place ! :(

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, England
“Distinctly average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Didn't have our table booking despite online confirmation. Slow service and all a bit chaotic. Food good however but wine seriously overpriced.

Visited November 2013
Yorkshire
“Nice business dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here with 10 work colleagues. I just admit it looked far from being a restaurant even when outside - mire like a warehouse - but when you get in its a huge restaurant.

While waiting for others to join us we had a drink at the bar - large open area with a great selection of drinks and nuts on the bar.

We were soon shown to our table just opposite the kitchen area so you could see the excellent selection of fresh seafood on offer. We chose from a much shortened menu as a range group and the meal at started well with some high quality oysters on ice.

I chose the tuna tartar to start with which was excellent and tasty really fresh. I had a steak for main which isn't always a good choice on a seafood restaurant but it did taste very good - and the chips were excellent!

The waitresses were very attentive throughout the meal and the wines they helped us select were great.

Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Chic Harbour Club never fails to satisfy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Amsterdam’s Harbour Club presides over the continually growing harbor area of the city. The location is ok, though it is tough for me to judge the view, since every visit I’ve made has been well after dark.

It’s a grand place with a great menu. The décor itself is enough to warrant the dining experience. I’ve had nothing that I did not enjoy. But I never ordered the sardines, a dish I strongly suggest diners avoid. A friend ordered them but failed to enjoy it.

On the other hand, everything I’ve tried is excellent, particularly the tuna tartare and the steak tartare. Very tasty and elegant.

Do give it a try when you are in my favorite European city.

• Visited September 2013