“WORST place I've ever stayed!! STAY AWAY!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Vondelpark Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Overtoom 129-1, 1054 HE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #274 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“WORST place I've ever stayed!! STAY AWAY!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The woman who owns this property is one of the worst human beings i have ever come across!!

She tried to cancel our booking when we arrived simply because she thought we were trouble. She's racist and has a problem with anyone who isn't her skin complexion. She assaulted one of my friends and tried to grab him by the throat.(NO JOKE!)
She tried to con us out of our deposit & money & then threw us out after staying one night.

All the reviews on this website for this place are legit. STAY AWAY & don't make the same mistake i made. I would never come here, i wouldn't even wish my enemies the torture of having to endure this filthy woman's company.

May God bless her with more money than she can handle so she may never have to con innocent people out of there money ever again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Taipei, Taiwan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Firstly, this hotel is not bad and breakfast at all!
We have booked a room one week ago.
This hotel didn't tell us there is no room until we arrived the the hotel!!!!!
We didn't receive any email nor phone call, but they say "I tried to contact you..." They lie!
There is the other good and trustworthy hotel in this area!

Room Tip: There is the other good and trustworthy hotel in this area!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is not a bed and breakfast it is not a hostel it is not a hotel. I would rather sleep on the street.
The lady if you can call her that is rude unfriendly and unfortunately a racist. She kept referring to me as you people, what does that even mean? Honestly should be taken off tripadvisor.
Please do not stay here, this is run by someone who has never stayed in a hostel or bed and breakfast before. Save yourself the trouble and stay ANYWHERE else.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. There is nothing good about this dump
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I'm from Amsterdam myself, and booked a room for someone I know. When we showed up, there was no one in the building, and nobody showed up either for at least fifteen minutes. The place was a mess, a renovation going on. When I called the booking agency, still no answer. We left for somewhere else and I claimed a refund at the agency. The agency got hold of the owner, I was told by the agency that the owner claimed that she had heard me call her 'black' and therefor denied the refund. Well, that is definitely not true, since I am black myself, and she never showed up. What a lying cheats, I'll block the credit card withdrawal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were supposed to be travelling to Amsterdam for the wedding of some old friends - didn't realise it was the first "Kings day" celebration in decades! The city was booked out, but this place mysteriously had 2 rooms still vacant. In fairness, we booked the rooms knowing we could cancel within a wekk or 2 so I wasn't really worried ... until I read the reviews - not just from this site but from many sites! I cancelled. I do not want to spend E550 to spend the night on a poorly run, poorly cleaned, poorly staffed B&B with no Breakfast. Also, the fact that there are no smoke alarms/extinguishers and I am leaving my children behind with their granny (without reviewing the Will) was distinctly alarming... may give the wedding a miss and just send a big present!
I have rated this property average because I have not experienced it first hand.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Braintree, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Arrived to be met by a very shifty unfriendly lady who showed us to our room...first think that hit us was the stench of wet paint fumes! Extremely dangerous stairs led to what I can only describe as the worst room I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. She asked for cash and a 50 euro deposit for damage...not sure how you could make the room an worse! No reception , no breakfast, extremely noisy and you wont get your deposit back if she doesnt turn up to check you out, I had to call her to get her to come and give our deposit back.One tiny bathroom to share between all guests, no sign of smoke alarms ....do not stay here as cheaper MUCH nicer hotels available .

• Stayed March 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

First of all i'll start with the positives about this "Bed & Breakfast":

Positives -
N/A

Negatives -
Everything

In more detail, the only 'average' aspect of the whole place is the area and even this is not good. It is about a 5 minute walk from Leidseplein Square on a main road (Overtoom). The problem with the location is that it is right above a kebab shop on the street of many kebab shops and feels a lot like a hideout. The other negatives would include:

- 'Bed and Breakfast' even though NO breakfast is available
- Unfriendly staff
- Creepy employee (only employee)
- No proper checkout time (see below)
- Tiny rooms
- Expensive
- Deadly staircase
- Noisy

Me and two other people were staying in this hovel for 2 nights over a weekend. When we arrived we were met by a creepy man who did not speak much English and made us wait at the bottom of the stairs for half an hour before taking us to our room. The stairs in this building are shocking. They are basically vertical and a fall from them would definitely do some damage. When we arrived at our room on the top floor we could only laugh at the size, 3 beds crammed into a room for one. One of the beds had a stain on the covers and the bed itself. The walls are very thin plasterboard which meant we could hear everything going on with people next door and also a communal toilet which is of a reasonably good standard for this place. When it came to our last day, we were not aware of a 'checkout' time but were told to call the creepy man so we could return the key and get our deposit back. Instead, we were woken up by the man coming into our room at 10am and telling us to get out, giving us 5 minutes to fully pack our belongings. He then proceeded to stand at the bottom of our bed til we were ready. It was a horrible experience of a hostel but luckily we were not in it very often. You can get some very good hotels for the money you would pay for this dump. Please do Amsterdam a favour and do not book here, unless you really don't like someone.

Room Tip: No room, don't book at all.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Vondelpark Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!