“!!I would stay here again yes!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amadi Park Hotel

You added Amadi Park Hotel to your Saves list
Amadi Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eerste Constantijnhuygensstraat 26G, 1054 BR Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Special Offer
Free parking
Ranked #86 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Gothenburg, Sweden
“!!I would stay here again yes!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Overview:

Would I stay here again: Yes but with a longer stay and with 2 adults maybe in a bigger room.
Customer service: Amazing, respectful and helpful.
Location: Great, away from the buzz of the city and in a relaxed atmosphere.
Cleanness: Good, bed is changed every other day, room is supposed to be cleaned each day.
AMAZING: Prove the guests with a mini fridge with drinks for free and some coffee. Shampoo and soap provided. Staff very helpful and go out of their ways to help-
Safe that can be use in the room.

Start off with the hotel is at a quiet part of the city. It is somewhat unorthodox in its layout. The hotel is located within a shared building/offices. This was not an issue for us. The office/checki-n desk and breakfast room is all in one. I was taken back a little since it was "different" then any other set up I have ever seen but what matters is that the staff was very nice and helpful. (Office was really warm tho.... not sure if it was from having been out and traveling but it might be good if you go there for breakfast that you have a sweater or something you can remove if you do get too warm.)
Before getting to our hotel, a few days or maybe a week before we got an email from the hotel explain to us the "how to's" and that was really helpful and simple. Ring the bell to get into a secure building is not a bad asset when security is a good thing at a hotel! Once let in, you take a left to the indoor elevators to the 4th floor to their lobby. Be advise that to get to the lobby you must walk on an open balcony so if you do have a fear of high open spaces, you will want to walk closer to the wall. I have an illness that "plays" with my balance so this was something that stuck with me but over all its not bad at all. Just good to know.
There was one person before us and they were very helpful helping her out with where and hows and what nots. That is a good thing!*
A few minutes later someone more came out and we got checked in ASAP! Keep in mind that the city does add a 5.?% on the rooms, so dont get confused like I did when its a few dollars more. Check in took 3 minutes or so, we got a map and then we where shown to our room.
The rooms (the one we had) is not on the same floor as the check in desk, not sure if all their rooms are located on the second floor but its was easy to get to with no problems.
We had a very pretty room, and an amazing shower. The only fault that they cant do much was the size of our room. We took a double room and it was tight but for just a place to sleep it was doable. We stayed 3 night, mind you by day 2 we wished we had a tad more space.
Now with that said we did have 2 door that opened up to a French balcony and one to a normal balcony. The "normal balcony" has 2 chairs, it could use a small table to be able to sit out and enjoy your coffee or read the paper but it was nice irregardless. Now with that said (again) the plus side is you have a mini fridge that they fill up each day with water, ice tea and 2 beers. They also have 4 coffees for their guests to enjoy all included with the room price. Plus WIFI and cable TV. Lots of lighting and a small table with chair.
In the room: the bed, the chair and the shower were so comfortable. Oh and the pillows were like clouds!
I did notice that the room did not get vacuumed but that may well be due to how small it was with all our things in the room. And to be honest we where there to enjoy our stay and the non vacuum or the bathroom floor not being washed/vacuumed did little to interfere with our time in Amsterdam-
I had dropped on the floor my boarding information for my flight and it was placed on my bed, and I was very thankful that it was just not picked up thinking it was trash.

So all and all.. The room price was a little higher than I expected for the size but we did have much more positives than negatives that it was not worth complaining. We could live with an un-vacuumed room. (just rinse out glasses before using them, I do think they are not used to often and there was a little blanket of dust on our glasses, so we just drank from the bottles.
* I have stayed in 5 start hotels-some celebrity filled and this hotel*Amadi Park Hotel" guest where/are treated very nicely and with respect.
Location was easy to get on and off tram with no problems and within 5 minute walk from the stops.
Has great little pubs and restaurants around that seem to be frequented with more locals and this made for a nice quiet environment after time spent in a very busy city!

So because of the small room (and I really do think that it plays a roll on how one can navigate in a room with equipment -speaking as a former room cleaner-) and dust on glasses and bathroom floor not being washed/vacuum. I give this place a high 4- All and all a great place. I do recommend it and I would stay here again.
***I did not complain about the vacuuming because quit honestly I did not have it in me to do so. Like I said we pretty much just got in slept, up again and out.....***

Room Tip: If you are more than 2 adults (example: with a baby) the double room might be too small.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

EXCELLENT LOCATION close to the Leidseplein, musea, public transportation. The room are small but very clean and well equipped - you have everything you need. A good atmosphere despite of the fact that this hotel does not have the features of a classic hotel. Nespresso coffee machine and free beveragges is a nice gesture and very well appreciated. Staff very friendly, proffessional and helpfull. I will certainly recommend this hotel to my friends/collegues.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Just came back from an amazing weekend in Amsterdam. We stayed at Amadi hotel for 3 nights and everything was perfect. It was 8 of us-4 couples and everybody loved it.
Staff is so nice and helpful, rooms are small but so cute, warm and cozy, great bathroom with all facilities, mini bar with free drinks, coffee machine, smaller but comfortable bed.
Location is perfect, 5-10 min walking to main squares and museums. Hotel is surrounded with nice cafes and a couple of restaurants.
In hotel lobby, you can feel at home with complimentary water, tea, coffee.. Very nice!
We will definitely come back again and recommend this hotel to all our friends!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

7 mins walk from the tram, very near Liedseplein but far enough to have a quiet night sleep. Room was a bit small for my liking, but with a very comfortable and clean bathroom. Having a fridge in the room with free drinks is always a plus (Water, coke and beer). Also the nesspresso machine in the room was excellent. The bed was comfortable, even though a bit small, TV worked fine and the room was decorated in a nice way. I also had a cooked breakfast with choice off eggs, cooked on the spot.I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Perfectly stylish, very quiet and wonderful staff. We had a small room, but immaculately decorated and spotlessly clean. Staff who greeted us were amazingly sweet and friendly. We had a free mini bar (2 cokes, 2 bottles of beer, 2 water) which was restocked! The area it is in felt very safe; local shops were smart and some lovely coffee shops. Tram stops 1 min away, and we had many walks into the centre past the canals. It was a lovely stay and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 220 which looked out over the side of the building into a quiet thoroughfare.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I was in Amsterdam solo for work, with one day holiday. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Amadi Park. The hotel is very new, exceptionally clean and I had a very quiet room, comfortable bed, and a great night sleep. The staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was good and they made a great effort to accommodate my dietary needs (I'm coeliac).

Free wifi, a free and replenished mini bar in the room, it had everything I needed and then some.

I liked the location, but it's a bit away from the central (red light) district but trams and buses make the journey easy. The hotel is convenient to the museum district and the neighbourhood the hotel is in is nice. If you want to see the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam but would like to come back for a good nights sleep in a nice quiet area, this hotel is ideal.

I would definitely return to this hotel on my next trip.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AMADI26G, Front Office Manager at Amadi Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Jenny,

Thanks a lot for your really nice compliments.

When you visit us again we will do our outmost to point you at some short cuts to the center and the red light district, As you will have noticed the center of our beautiful city is built in circles so it's mostly better to walk in straight lines instead of following the canals (although they are nice as well).
Please contact us next time via email for extra information, special rates and discounts. Hope to see you next time.
All the bests,

Been to Amadi Park Hotel? Share your experiences!