“Non existent customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Amadi Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Amadi Park Hotel to your Saves list
Amadi Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eerste Constantijnhuygensstraat 26G, 1054 BR Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free parking
Ranked #74 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Leeds
“Non existent customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Firstly, this is my first negative review. And please take this with spinach of salt as I didn't actually get there but people going should know how slack / non human the management here are (in my experience).

Booked a 1 night stay through booking.com in between a short ferry break.
Couldn't travel as wife had complications with health.
Ferry company - understood, moved booking.
Unfortunately room booked on no cancelation rate. My own idiot fault.

However Booking.com explained to them I was happy to pay the same amount for the room for when I had rebooked the ferry for in a few months and also any pay any fees to change - you wouldn't be out of pocket AND you could lawfully cancel my original booking thus actually making more money by having two bookings and me being very impressed with their customer service and compassion....

They said no. Fair enough. Well within their rights despite it not making financial sense as like I say, I wanted to stay with them a few months later, pay them MORE and allow them to cancel my original booking to re-fill that room also!

My main message for writing is this though - despite booking.com telling me the above I thought I would personally email the hotel to stress my point.
Several emails later and not a single response. Nothing. Not even a one liner to tell me to get stuffed.
So, as it remains, my original booking still stands. They are unable to re-let the room as it has not been technically cancelled. They will charge my card for the full amount, fair dos. But, I have rebooked for when we can travel with a competitor hotel. They have made less money and have ensured simply through ignorance we, nor friends or family will ever frequent any of their hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We stay at the end of nov.
3 friends in triple room
It was great the rooms are clean , and the mini bar is free !!!!
The service and the team was perfect
5 minutes from leidsplein ( center )
Value for money....!!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
AMADI26G, Front Office Manager at Amadi Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Eran,
Really nice to meet you. I hope Israel is warm at the moment after the cold days in Amsterdam. Hope to see you next time. Please let me know when you come next time, so i can arrange the same room for you.
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Located about 20 minutes (45 if you don't have thorough directions..) outside of the city centre. Once you have located this boutique hotel you will be looked after by some great staff, helpful and friendly with all the answers to any questions you may have about Amsterdam.

Travel from the hotel was easy, the tram service was a doddle! The number 1 goes straigh. To central station and the stop is just around the corner.

For first time stayers we decided to go to the local square, Leidseplain (forgive my spelling, my memory is somewhat distorted) which is one tram stop away or even walking distance if you miss the last tram at 12.30am.

The room itself was awesome, complimentary drinks in the mini bar and it had everything we needed, definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a few nights ago and loved the hotel. Although worried at first that we were out of the way of the centre we soon discovered there are some really great squares and bars etc right near the hotel. This is the 3rd time I've visited Amsterdam and I got to see parts I didn't even know existed before. Nightlife is really good around there too. Really friendly staff, couldn't be more helpful.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel can be considered a good deal if you are staying for short period, the rooms are small but well equipped, it has a mini bar with free content, a safe, free wireless, and a comfortable bed, although a bit small.

The hotel resides in a sustainable building where everything works through access cards, which makes it safer, if you go for the first time you need to push the intercom and wait for response, then go up to 4th floor where the reception is.

The hotel manager is so helpful, he goes the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect.

For the location, its good, near tram station, and about 10 min walk from museums area.

My only consideration was that if you are coming through schipol airport and using the connexion, they dont pick u up from that hotel as they dont deal with them, but for my case they were very helpful and did it for me.

Dear Emad,
I am really happy to hear that i have been efficient for your comfort at our hotel. Please let me know next time to see if i can upgrade your room to a bigger one. About the transport, mostly our single customers take the bus number 197 as it is at least €10 cheaper than the shuttle which stops 10 minutes walking distance away from the hotel. When there are 2 people our taxi service which is much more comfortable offers the same price as shuttle which is €30, But just incase i will apply the shuttle service to be sure. Hope to see you soon.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Upon arrival at the address I had no problems finding hotel reception as others had. Instructions were clear as were the signs for Amadi Park hotel which is located with a building block.
Reception was friendly offering us to help ourselves to coffee & tea in the lobby anytime we wanted. Also helped look for Indonesian restaurants in the local area & pointed out local attractions on the map. The hotel manager also showed us personally to our room which is a nice touch but can leave other guests waiting around.
Our room was small (typical of Europe) but modern. Wifi was accessible. In the room, a nespresso machine was available and the mini bar containing 2 cans of coke, beer & water was available free of charge.
The location was also good with easy access to the tram & many restaurants & cafes close by.
Would stay here again if I go back to Amsterdam.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
AMADI26G, Front Office Manager at Amadi Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for your clear description about our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you were satisfied and enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam at our hotel. Hope to see you next time.
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here for a few days while visiting Amsterdam. The hotel is in a very smart, very new building (which it shares with a dentist's office and another hotel, it seems) and the modern look continues throughout the hotel, with very useful free wifi, a nice coffee machine in the room, and a modern wet-room style bathroom. The hotel's location is fairly good; very close to the leafy Vondelpark, about a 10 min walk to the bars and restaurants of Leidseplein, and also close to the Museumplein, where you can visit the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum. The staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't bother with paying for the extra breakfast, as there are many restaurants very close by (one called StreetKitchen downstairs in the same building serves a great breakfast for slightly less). The rooms were always clean and tidy, with a little balcony to watch people going past. One small issue is that you have to buzz the entry system to be let in. I once came back quite late (about midnight) and tried pressing the buzzer several times to be let in but nobody responded. Eventually got in while somebody was going to another hotel in the same building. However, a small niggle, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear DrunkLove :),
I am so happy to see your kind review. Please don't miss the Stedelijk Museum next time as well. It is just next to the Van Gogh Museum, and they have a rich and well selected modern and contemporary pieces. It is a pity that you had the problem about the entrance. But our room cards open the entrance door as well. You can be sure next time you won't have that problem. Please let's be in touch for the next, so we can compensate this inconvience you had the last time.
Hope to see you soon again.
Alper Demir

Been to Amadi Park Hotel? Share your experiences!