“DEFINITE HIGHLIGHT” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,867 of 2,328 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dessert
Description: Wonderful Ice Cream Shop - not to be missed in Amsterdam. Delicious homemade ice cream made with organic products.011 31 6 41230924Central rail station and tram lines around the corner - sits on a pedestrian street.
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“DEFINITE HIGHLIGHT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I am late in reviewing this place, but 6 months later this little gelateria/ice cream stop stands out in my mind as one of the (unexpected!) highlights of my trip to Amsterdam.

I stumbled across this place while searching for an evening treat the last night of a 6 month international adventure. I was low on funds at that point, somewhat exhausted at the notion of strangers, but damn I needed ice cream. I don't quite remember what drew me to this shop, other than it didn't seem to have a line and there was ice cream. I only know the name because I took a picture of the menu. The seating is admittedly limited, but the atmosphere is very cozy--not cramped--definitely a place you could spends hours in chatting the night away with a friend or any odd person filtering in. I went by myself and yet felt very at ease, in large part due to the hospitality of the man and woman working that night.

They may or may not still serve the flaming waffle, I remember the man had to go across the street to get the shot of cointreau, but if you have the chance to get it I recommend it highly. And of course the complementary scoop of ice cream was a glory in its own right. Let me tell you what this food is: this is the kind of food that earns mischievous grins and twinkling eyes. Even now, I've got kind of a dizzy nostalgia for it.

I do not hesitate to recommend this place. I know if I return to Amsterdam I will seek it out again, or will simply have to be content with sending friends in my place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chantilly, Virginia
“Charming Ice Cream Shop - Near Central Station & Singel Canal - Not to be Missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Charming Ice Cream Shop on a walking street off the Singel Canal - Delicious Waffles and Ice Cream. Best of all, the wonderful service and presentation by the shop owner -- just two tables - but definately worth stopping by for this treat. We went there 3 times during our two night stay just around the corner at the Singel Hotel. Make it dessert - or lunch!

• Visited July 2012