“Funky and Fresh” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Amsterdam
“Funky and Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Me and my mate found this place on the first day and we tried loads of other coffeeshops but always came back to this one. Some time twice a day. It's one of the most modern ones in Dam and very comfortable. The staff are quality, i don;t know how they do it day in day out.

The Hot chocolate is amazing and the weed is da bomb!!!!

All this makes for a great place to relax and get high while chatting to people from around the world or simply listening to the music. Now that's another point that i wanted to leave until the end. If you are into good urban music, well these boys know their tunes. I spent my whole time in there shazaming songs to see what they are because i hadn't heard most of them and i'm a DJ lol.

This place really is a must if you are in Amsterdam and want a great experience.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and i were walking down the street and could smell the weed and had to stop to pick up a few joint. When we entered the coffee shop the design was modern and comfortable, when looking at the menu the i felt a wee bit high picked an orange haze joint my favorite paid and left. I looked to my wife who started giggling and said she felt stoned and we had only stood in there for 5 mins. The joint was top class and will be back in April with a friend this will be first stop.

• Visited November 2013
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

One of the nicer shops with good hot drinks, around the corner from Radisson Blu and the Red light district. Stay away from the Orange Haze if you don't want to have something resembling an acid trip...

Sydney, Australia
“Great late night spot with excellent staff and hot choc from heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

On a side note before I review the shop I had to laugh at the fact that TA asked me "Was this the best meal you have ever had at a restaurant?" ... I didn't eat 'food' here but it did give me some serious case of cottonmouth munchies...

Stopped by this place on my first ever visit to Amsterdam with my gf and a close friend, we had spent the evening wandering the beautiful canals and lane ways. We had tossed a coin on whether we would spend our last night ripped or not, I'm glad the coin landed on the Queen's side.

Venue was almost empty apart from two other couples when we arrived, so we were greeted at the door by the manager - very helpful and accommodating, and he was very patient considering one member of our trio was a little apprehensive at the items on offer.

We ordered a hot chocolate, a capuccino and a tea, and I have to say my hot chocolate was delicious - in fact one of the best I have had in a long time. We ordered some mild accompaniments and mild was definitely an understatement.

The venue itself is swag, with clean tidy new furniture inside and out, as soon as a patron left the shop the manager wiped down the tables and chairs immediately and cleaned away the plates - hardly science for a food and beverage venue but as someone who has worked in the hospitality industry in the past it is always nice to see attentive staff.

I am not sure of the previous reviewers experiences with the change in decor etc but myself, my gf and my bestie were delightfully pleased with our visit and I would recommend any traveller or local to stop by at least for a delicious coffee.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ankara, Turkey
“had to review again, after one year”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Well, this place has changed. And not for the best. The old one had a friendly atmosphere, cozy, low light kinda thing. Went again this year, but it was all renewed. Now it's more lit, looks so much more clean and new, but it's like a fast food joint now. It's fairly regular, definitely lost it's soul. Greenhouses in general are also very clean looking places. But they do not necessarily have a cold atmosphere like this one. No more friendly atmosphere anymore.

When i visited last year, there was an african guy, let's call him rastaman, he was alright. Now there is a sulky guy at the counter with the 'what do you want' kinda attitude. Asked for a bong, and got the answer 'well we've only got this one, and as you see we're using it now, so...'. You see, he was sitting with his friends at a table, when nobody was at the counter. This place is not the old basjoe anymore.

• Visited September 2013