“Great late night spot with excellent staff and hot choc from heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coffeeshop Basjoe

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Great late night spot with excellent staff and hot choc from heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

On a side note before I review the shop I had to laugh at the fact that TA asked me "Was this the best meal you have ever had at a restaurant?" ... I didn't eat 'food' here but it did give me some serious case of cottonmouth munchies...

Stopped by this place on my first ever visit to Amsterdam with my gf and a close friend, we had spent the evening wandering the beautiful canals and lane ways. We had tossed a coin on whether we would spend our last night ripped or not, I'm glad the coin landed on the Queen's side.

Venue was almost empty apart from two other couples when we arrived, so we were greeted at the door by the manager - very helpful and accommodating, and he was very patient considering one member of our trio was a little apprehensive at the items on offer.

We ordered a hot chocolate, a capuccino and a tea, and I have to say my hot chocolate was delicious - in fact one of the best I have had in a long time. We ordered some mild accompaniments and mild was definitely an understatement.

The venue itself is swag, with clean tidy new furniture inside and out, as soon as a patron left the shop the manager wiped down the tables and chairs immediately and cleaned away the plates - hardly science for a food and beverage venue but as someone who has worked in the hospitality industry in the past it is always nice to see attentive staff.

I am not sure of the previous reviewers experiences with the change in decor etc but myself, my gf and my bestie were delightfully pleased with our visit and I would recommend any traveller or local to stop by at least for a delicious coffee.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ankara, Turkey
“had to review again, after one year”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Well, this place has changed. And not for the best. The old one had a friendly atmosphere, cozy, low light kinda thing. Went again this year, but it was all renewed. Now it's more lit, looks so much more clean and new, but it's like a fast food joint now. It's fairly regular, definitely lost it's soul. Greenhouses in general are also very clean looking places. But they do not necessarily have a cold atmosphere like this one. No more friendly atmosphere anymore.

When i visited last year, there was an african guy, let's call him rastaman, he was alright. Now there is a sulky guy at the counter with the 'what do you want' kinda attitude. Asked for a bong, and got the answer 'well we've only got this one, and as you see we're using it now, so...'. You see, he was sitting with his friends at a table, when nobody was at the counter. This place is not the old basjoe anymore.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kharkiv, Ukraine
“A great coffeeshop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

A nice stylish looking place.
The service is rather fast.
The music playing is great to listen to when you're stoned.
And friendly great staff.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Strasbourg, France
“Great place with good tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This coffee shop really is a nice place to be, the staff is nice, the weed is good and you can smoke outside with a nice view on the canal.
And for those of you who like to drink tea in a coffeeshop, they have a good selection of good teas (not the cheap lipton bags) and rooibos.
The only thing I didn't like was the music : I don't really know how to sum it up so let's just say I heared a linkin park song.

New York City, New York
“the original formula no more”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

this shop used to be my fav. since the new onwers took over and refurbished the place, the vibe is gone IMO,,

Visited April 2013