“REALLY Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #472 of 2,328 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: This really great brunch place just west of the centre of Amsterdam serves delicious brunch items plus amazing cocktails. They also serve lunch through the week and have other events on certain evenings. It's a bit of American/British hipsterism for locals and expats alike who're looking for the best brunch in town!
Los Angeles, California
“REALLY Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My two girlfriends and I showed up here after having just flown 11 hours. It was Saturday morning and about to get really busy, but even without a reservation they were able to squeeze us in. Everyone who worked here was genuinely nice and the food was delicious. We had the eggs benedict which was really nice and a side of the daphinoise potatoes which were amazing. I also ordered the ginger lemon "tea" which was just ginger and lemon in hot water with honey, but it was simple and wonderful, and my friends and I wound up making it for the next 7 days straight. The owner was there and he even slid us an extra side of potatoes, maybe we looked pathetically jet-lagged, but whatever, they were really cool here. It's a great little neighborhood find and I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Zaandam, The Netherlands
“Not Good Value For Money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I ate here yesterday after reading fabulous reviews. Our party of 4 did not seem to have the same experience. The portions were woefully small for a brunch and were not good value for money. Techno music was playing, which did not lend itself to a nice chilled vibe. More of a hipster place that is trying so hard to look like they aren't trying. The food was a bit disappointing after reading previous reviews. My omelet was OK but did not live up to a €10 price tag. One friend had the french toast and stated that it was very bland. Another friend had the eggs benedict that were two mere mouthfuls with no accompaniments to make up for the quail egg size (it wasn't quail egg). When the fourth person asked about the daily specials (as per stated on the menu) the waitress was confused and said there are never daily specials. It wasn't horrendous but definitely not value for money when there are other places one can go. We ended up heading straight to another location for coffee and cake to satiate our hungry stomachs. I am unsure if this is the norm or if we just hit a 'bad day'. I don't think I'll be back to find out. I'd like to note that our group is not shy with spending money when dining out but all four of us were disappointed on this occasion.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Hipster Overpriced Brunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went on Sunday for brunch here, I was really looking forward to it as the menu had a big variety of different items. Imagine my surprise when my Eggs Benedict came it would have been considered to be a starter, but charged me full price (€11.50). One member of our party ordered an omelet, delicious yet only covered a third of the plate. Everyone at my table said the food was lovely, however we all agreed that it was overpriced and we left in search of something to fill us up. The music was very loud and played only house music, and the chairs were extremely uncomfortable- not the ambiance for a relaxing Sunday brunch. We will not be going back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice atmosphere food nothing special arrogant manager/supervisor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We were finally lucky to find a table the waitresses were really kind and nice however there was a girl supervising them really rude to the kind waitresses. Not a nice thing to see as a customer. Food nothing special and very expensive. The atmosphere is nice and cozy and music is good. Really upset to see letting their cat entering the kitchen and sitting on tables were sugar and milk and water is. I don't think I would go again.

“terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

can't book waited for 45 minutes to get in.

we called in advance. would make sense to be able to reserve a table.

very arrogant and poor attitude