Herenstraat Apartments Amsterdam

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Destinati...
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Stay in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

My mom and I stayed at the Herenstraat Apartments for a week at the end of June.

As per the instructions received at booking, we called when we arrived in the early afternoon. As someone had just checked-out we were able to leave our bags, borrow an umbrella, and go for lunch while we waited for the apartment.

As you’re warned when you receive your booking confirmation, the stairs to the apartment are very narrow and very steep - stick with small bags and use the wall to balance yourself.

Vlad took us to the apartment for a tour and showed us how to work all the appliances, which was helpful.

The apartment was simply but stylishly furnished. It was very clean with the exception of the fact that the outdoor chairs didn’t appear to have been wiped down (it was raining when we arrived and only got nice the next day so that may have been why).

Wi-fi was available, and coffee / tea and some basic toiletries supplies were provided.

We loved the location. There was a wine store on the corner and several very good restaurants along the street (we ate at Seasons twice). A yummy bakery was just across the canal (great for pastries for breakfast and sausage rolls for snacks) and a grocery store was within a 5-7 minute walk.

The Anne Frank House was the closest major attraction. This is also one of the pick-up locations for the canal bus, which is very convenient (although Amsterdam is certainly a walkable city regardless).

This was the first time that I’ve stayed in a furnished rental and, to be honest, I nearly had a fit over the prospect of not having a concierge (I was travelling with my husband when my family made the reservation). I was particularly concerned because 1. I love good restaurants and want recos from a local, and 2. we were in town to watch a sporting tournament which was outside of central Amsterdam and I certainly wasn’t going to waste vacation time taking public transit and taxi service is not particularly reliable in Amsterdam. I emailed Ken and Vlad prior to arriving and they recommended a fantastic taxi service that essentially acted as a car service for us for the entire trip (to and from the airport and to and from the sports venue in the early evenings). The apartments also had a small “guidebook” on the coffee table with key contact numbers, restaurant recommendations, etc. Vlad also was happy to mark sites on our map for us when we arrived.

The check-out process was very simple. Overall, I was very happy with our stay and would certainly stay there the next time I’m in Amsterdam.

A Tip - My uncle and aunt stayed in the apartment above us. The furnishings were essentially the same and the layout was quite similar. Personally, I preferred the apartment we had on the lowest floor – fewer scary stairs and a bigger balcony.

4 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The location
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$143
/ Night
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Make Inquiry
How to book this rental
Submit an inquiry to the owner using the above make inquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Peace of Mind Protection
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 10 days ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing