“Very nice restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #352 of 2,434 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Waves Greek Cafe n' Restaurant Amsterdam is gevestigd in het centrum, vlakbij het Leidseplein, City Theater en het DeLaMar Theater. In restaurant Waves bent u van harte welkom om te genieten van verse eten, goede wijn en een vriendelijke bediening. Onze koks kunnen putten uit een groot assortiment dag verse vis n vlees. Bent u niet zo'n visliefhebber, dan zijn er ook vlees,Gyros en vegetarische gerechten die u kunt bestellen. We hebben ook een uitgebreide wijnkaart. Daarop staan zowel klassieke als Nieuwe Wereld-wijnen met een minder gebruikelijke combinatie van druivensoorten. In Waves wordt gyros met plakjes tomaat, ui, aardappel, tzatziki of yoghurt en gewikkeld in een pitabroodje gegeten.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very nice restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am totally satisfied with Greek Waves. The food is absolutely delicious especially the Greek traditional plates like Mousakas , Pastitsio and Souvlaki... Me and my wife we will be there soon again...!!!

Athens, Greece
“Great restaurant in a pleasant atmosfere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Οne of my best food experience in Amsterdam. Loved the Mousaka and the Souvlaki. The owner Giorgos is very polite and wants every customer to be fully satisfied.

I would reccomend it to my friends also since we spend a lot of our nights there with good music and nice food !

• Visited January 2014
Athens, Greece
“My experience in Greek Waves Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Reccomended... I am living in Amsterdam for over 2 years and I have visited most of the restaurants...In Greek Waves I had the most delicious experience

The food was truly tasty. I had the dolmas and a gyro souvlaki which have been very well cooked and i really enjoyed my night there. The area is renovated and I would suggest it to everybody who want to have a really nice Greek restaurant experience!!!

Seixal
“Everything to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel is located on the square where all cuisines can be found (including one other Greek where the reviews are the worst), but... there are "but's"
Disliked the fact that this Hotel kind for runs a food at your door delivery, including from other restaurants, which the exit door never stops, with deliveries from other restaurants, and from the motorcycle distributors collecting the food for delivery.
The price I was quite for surprised, the average is from 5,50€ to 15€ per person, I ordered a 5 specials for 2 persons by 22€, and after all it was 22€ per person?!?!
Staff is friendly, but spend most of the time taking care of external deliveries, the person who spends more time at the tables have some problems talking in English (manages enough to attend to requests).
It's OK, but I've been in better greeks (outside Amsterdam)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Among all of the restaurants that my wife and I visited in Amsterdam, this one was very nice, pleasant and not to mention the food and the welcoming from the owner also our waiter. we really like the authentic cuisine. A most to visit while you are there!!! Ask for Richie he will take care of you just right.

P&B