“Looked inviting from outside ...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #164 of 2,627 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cafe Restaurant In de BuurtIn een oud pakhuis aan de Amsterdamse Lijnbaansgracht is sinds juni 2012 Cafe Restaurant In de Buurt geopend. Het industriële interieur in tegenstelling tot de karakteristieke eigenschappen van het oude pakhuis geeft een warme en ongedwongen sfeer.Het is ook goed vertoeven op het terras dat direct aan het water ligt. Met een lekker glas wijn geniet u van de typerende Amsterdamse grachten. Cafe Restaurant In de Buurt is de plek voor een avond met vrienden, familie en bekenden. Samen genieten van de overheerlijke maaltijden die met liefde zijn bereid door onze chef en zijn team. Laat u verwennen door de dagverse producten en de wisselende kaart.Voor een avondje theater of een concert bent u bij ons aan het juiste adres. Met grote namen als het DeLaMar Theater, Stadsschouwburg, Paradiso en de Melkweg, praktisch bij ons om de hoek, kunt u vooraf lekker een hapje komen eten om de avond goed te beginnen.
Cortona
“Looked inviting from outside ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

and kept its promise.

this small place seems to be kept by young people. Looks like they know what they are doing. I belonged to a group of four, everyone ordered different dish and I only saw happy faces around the table. I had carpaccio and catfish. Both delicious and nicely presented.

“Do not follow the map”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great place, but the map on Trip Advisor is wrong as its on the other side of the Leidesplein. We are here right now and it is a really nice, quaint little place with good food and great service.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Little gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Not far from the beaten track. Small intimate setting, great menu, amazing steak, would definitely return again!

• Visited March 2013
Blue Mtns NSW
“A friendly restaurant with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our first visit was a last minute choice, but we made sure we returned the next night. The restaurant is small, cheerful and has a great atmosphere. Service was quick and helpful - they have menus in English also. We had the fried sole the first night and while I repeated that the second night, my husband had the steak with pepper sauce. All food was well cooked, attractively presented and very tasty.
When we return to Amsterdam we will definitely eat here again, and recommend it thoroughly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Gorgeous food with great ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We tried out this restaurant having read reviews for it on here. Very nice, small but modern restaurant. It was fully booked so they offered us seats at the bar where we could also eat, which was fine by us. My friend ordered the steak and I ordered the chicken with satay sauce. Unfortunately when the waiter brought us our food, instead of my chicken satay I was given a burger. Apparently the orders had been mixed up and my meal had been given to another table. So i had to wait 15mins for them to re cook my meal. It happens now and then, so no biggy. So I had to watch my friend eat whilst eating her chips at the same time. The Barman did give me a free drink on the house which was a nice touch. When I got my meal I can't complain as it was delicious. Mouth watering. I would definitely recommend!!

Visited April 2013