“Pleasant surprise at the Seafood Bar!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 2,287 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Pleasant surprise at the Seafood Bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Happened to just walk in but were pleasantly surprised with the food and service.
Simple but trendy ambiance, tasty food and good service make this a favorite restaurant!

Visited March 2014

91% Recommend
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“great seafood, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We ate at the Seafood Bar after a hard afternoon of shopping and we were greatly rewarded.
Although I had read that it is not possible to make reservations, it turns out you can, and you should, but we were lucky and get a table anyway.
The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and spent time with us to actually help decide what we wanted.
We had the lobster soup and squid to start, despite initial reservations about both, we were assured by our waiter that they were lovely and he was right, they were really good. We then had seabass which was the fish of the day and I had the fruits de mer which was really excellent and a great size.
We had many glasses of their lovely Prosecco which helped everything go down extremely well.

All round this was a very nice restaurant experience,. I would recommend it and I will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“seafood feast at affordable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We celebrated my husband's birthday there. Pleasantly surprised by the prices, we ordered a basin of seafood - many kinds of seafood and also snails, all was fresh and delicious! Presentation was beautiful, it was an amazing experience, I wish I lived in Amsterdam to be able to go there on a regular basis!
However, we didn't order a table in advance and had to wait near the entrance (about 15-20 min) to be seated. So if you plan your visit to this restaurant in advance, you'd better call them and reserve a table so that you won't have to wait. The place is bulging with people! No wonder it's so popular - the food is delicious and seafood platters are prepared at the bar in the dinig room, so everybody can watch.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Spectacular Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was looking for a place for dinner near my hotel (Hotel Roemer) and this place looked great. For dinner I had a Heineken, complementary bread and butter, and the catch of the day (Sea Bass). It was a great meal! Rarely is the bread and butter something to note, but it was special in and of itself. The fish was very fresh and seasoned to perfection.

The atmosphere was great. I would suggest sitting in the back as the waiters were congregating by the bar where I was sitting. Also, if you are coming here with a part of more than 1 or 2, you should make reservations. I was there on a Wednesday night at 6 pm and a lot of tables were reserved and it was getting hard for patrons to get tables.

If you are in the area, stop by here and have a bite.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Okaish...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Service: awesome!
atmosphere: superb
food: its good ..not super great though..only coz their fish and chips is not as good as in London.. only my pov.. but for the rest it's good.
a must try is their seafood platter which looks good from across our table.

• 4 of 5 stars Food