“Good food, good value, strange credit card practices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Sterling, Virginia
“Good food, good value, strange credit card practices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you're going to do Chinese, you may as well do it in actual Chinatown here, on the edge of that Red Light District that you will soon be strolling through. We saw a number of Chinese diners inside and they say that's a positive sign. Everything we ordered was delicious, including THE largest bowl of mussels I've ever seen. You know they're fresh when a couple had little bits of barnacle on the shells! Prices weren't too bad although the issue my friend had was that the restaurant would not accept his perfectly valid credit card because it did not possess the high-techy chip inside. They were perfectly capable of swiping this card as well as any other, but they refused. So if you have un-chipped cards, make sure you are packing cash here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
“Feels like Hong Kong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Golden Chopsticks feels like a typical Hong Kong non fancy restaurant.
You get good food, standard service and no special treatment. My friends and I really enjoyed the lunch and the athmosphere...
It's quite expensive though but we got the impression, that eating outside in Amsterdam has it's price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Classic good basic chinese resto”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

No frills chinese resto, menu in extensive but not complete, specially on the low/cheap range the choice is rather limited, on the upper class meals section i would be very picky since the resto is not elegant not the kitchen is michelin stars, so i won't waste money on anything fancy.
On the upper hands there is the fact that the kitchen is open till late, you don't need reservation and is reasonably fast.
If you looking to a meal to impress, look next door.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my child. Locals were clearly served their food before us and when my food arrived ( which was terrible and over priced ) the waitress insisted on payment before I had taken a mouthful. The locals seated next to me were not treated like this. When I said I would like to eat my food first it was made very clear to me this was not an option. I am a very ordinary non threatening woman and was there with a child. Not the running off type. I honestly don't think I've ever been treated so rudely in a restaurant. It was a really horrible experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Belgium
“Too bad I live in Brussels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

... because we don't have such restaurants. For a similar taste I must travel the nearest to Antwerp where real Chinese cook (no offense to others). It's usually crowded but service is quick so you never stay too long to eat there.
The duck was exquisite... Juicy and good portion for reasonable price. Places like these have become my new reference for Asian restaurants. I'll definitely go back when I come to A'dam. No question about it.

• Visited June 2013