“Its a tittle.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 189 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Mendoza, Argentina
“Its a tittle.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Well its a lovely place only 30 min o 40 walkiing downtown,you have to walk upstairs to get to your room, the room are pretty big, i was in a big room with 7 other people,the living room is comfortable, there 2 computers to use and you have a very lovely place to smoke your precious pot its call smoke palace,just 200 mts, the people from the hostel r all such a nice persons

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

hostel is located not really in the city center wich is helpful because not so crowded all the time and also you can take contact with local people.hot water 24 hours,clean sheets and if you ask they give clean again if you stay for a week or so.wi-fi not worked in every room,but was ok at the end.friendly staff,they provides good information about routes and weed,smiling all the time,a really nice experience.also micro waves available and hair dryer.i recomend this place because of the good prices,decent conditions and friendly staff.cheers!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

wifi didn't worked in rooms.there were too less number of washrooms in the hostel.
the rooms were tidy and bedsheets were clean.
In all, the rooms were good enough for the tariff they hostel is charging.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I found the hostel itself to be incredibly nice and somewhat what you'd expect for the kind of budget on offer. Minimal rooms, communal bathroom/shower etc but all of which were incredibly clean and tidy. (The shower on the first floor is incredible, by the way)
The area itself is very nice and while it's 30 minutes walk from the centre (10 mins by tram) it's more than made up for by a vast number of little bars and bakeries in the immediate vicinity of the hostel.
When we checked in we found the staff to be incredibly friendly and welcoming, any facilities such as extra towels or whathaveyou were readily available.
The problems we had, however, came down to the rules of the hostel not being enforced, in particular by the staff who were operating on the night shift. Plastered all over the walls were A4 signs stating that smoking would not be tolerated either in the rooms or in the hallway, nor would loud noises after midnight due to there not being a curfew on people being allowed to return to the hostel. Both of these were stated to risk the possibility of being removed from the hostel with no refunds. It was therefore quite surprising that the man on the front desk would continue to smoke in the hall as well as talk quite loudly on his phone (even singing at times) and laugh incredibly loudly (I enjoy a laugh as much as the next man, but nothing's that funny)

Anywho, that just happened to sour our first evening in the hostel, making us both slightly tired and grumpy for the next day. But other than that, I can't fault the place. Everything tidy and clean, day-time staff helpful and friendly, nice location and excellent transport links.

Room Tip: We had a twin private room which, while slightly on the small side, was more than adequate for our c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hostel itself is very nice and neat, not in the very centre of Amsterdam but well connected. Tram station is just in front of it. It's got very narrow and steep staircase, but that's speciffic for Amsterdam, so I don't take it as something bad. Staff is frendly, but quite unhelpfull. We were a big international group of friends having a reunion, so booking was bit complicated because we were coming at different time of the day and staying different number of days. They were very unflexible about the booking, we had to do it through their web page what resulted in us being separated in more rooms. What's more, the first few of us who came, had to pay in cash for everyone, which was pretty big sum of money,otherwise we couldn't get to our room. They could've let us all gather and pay then.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Ok it may be a bit hard to find but a very nice hostel over all I thought! It was clean and tidy, quite modern inside. All the staff were very helpful and polite. The only issue I had was the very steep steps, but they can hardly be blamed for that! Great fun! I know some of my friends enjoyed it so much they have recently stayed there again!

Room Tip: We had private rooms, But some friends had shared rooms and found them to be just as nice. I guess i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

It could the worst hostel I ve never saw before! When I arrived there, my first impression is their terrible stairs which look like a ladder and long enough, it was really shocked me and give me huge headache, cause it is really impossible to move my luggage into the room!I feel like I am claimbing the Great Wall!
Second impression is about their front desk stuff, i understand it was Saturday night, but it won't make u feel good if the worker there also do some serious drink, I can smell the Gin when he talked with me!
Third, it is a bad smoky place, all are young people, loud music and smoky room! All of this makes me sick! I decided to choose another hotel, the receptionist tried to help, he is drunk enough to show a good attitude! All in all, this is not a hotel I will recommend!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Amigo Budget Hostel? Share your experiences!