“Good value for money, very helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mosaic City Centre

Save Saved
You added Hotel Mosaic City Centre to your Saves list
Hotel Mosaic City Centre
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Eerste Constantijn Huygensstraat 16a, 1054 BR Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Special Offer
Promotion Car Parking
Ranked #145 of 303 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
London
“Good value for money, very helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I did find the hotel a bit hard to find, but once I was there I have to say I had a very enjoyable stay. I was only there for one night, and I'd booked very last minute (the day before), but the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and well presented, the beds were amazingly comfortable, and the area felt safe.
The only negative point was that they gave me the key to a room with someone still asleep in it; but to apologise they upgraded me to a triple room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The hotel is very modern. The people are very friendly and made discount with parking! Only the room is a little cold but it's ok for a one night stay. Also they offer free coffe at the reception. They give a free city map and tell about what to do around.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just returned from Amsterdam and stayed at the Mosaic. Calling this a hotel pushes the bounds of reality. The only thing place is suitable for is literally if you are a student or on a drunken stag night. If you expect anything better you'll be disappointed. As for security, ring the door bell on the ground floor and the door entrance to the block is opened then its straight up to the entrance door of the room. As you can see from the pic its extremely cramped for 3 people.

No way would we go back there.

Room Tip: Best advice I can give is keep walking past!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Visited on 28th October 2013. Despite previous reviews the hotel was easy to find and had very good security. The neighhbourhood felt very safe especially when travelling with children. Receptionist was very friendly and helpful offered us free tea and coffee upon arrival. We had a triple room which was very clean with very comfortable beds. The only downside was the wet room which although it was very modern everything within it got vey wet when the shower was used.
Overall I would have no hesitation recommeding or returning to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel for 1 night. Was one of my worst hotel experiences in my life. Arrived at 9.30 pm and wanted to check in. They told me that I arrived too late and that no rooms were available (although I booked through hotel.com which confirmed to me that they must hold the room until 10pm). They sent me to a totally run-down hotel nearby which which I would not recommend to my worst enemy !! Wanted to speak with the manager of Mosaic which seems to be the owner, a Chinese guy. The whole day he wasn't available. The next night I slept at Mosaic and found a very dirty room, a foam mattress where you sleep like a banana. And on top of it there is a smell of humidity in the room. Booked for 3 nights but checked out a night before. Be aware that most good reviews possibly had been made up by people close to the owner. Never happened to me before, but impression on Trip adviser totally wrong with reality.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This ,operate priced, clean, comfortable hotel is walking distance to many museums, attractions, good restaurants and taxis cruise by all the time so you can catch one easily. We had a small but very nice room, good shower, friendly and helpful staff. We walked to Van Gogh Museum, Rijks Museum, canal boat tour, many good restaurants. Give it a try if you are looking for a bargain in every way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

So me and my Girlfriend Just got Engaged, so we thought: "Hey, let´s go to Amsterdam, that would be so great<3" so, we Booked this hotel, booked a flight, packed our bags, and Swooosh!, down To The Netherlands!

We are staying here for 5 days, today it´s tuesday october the 1.th, 10:pm,and this is our second day here. i want to wait, but i just can't because of the negative reviews..... This is the truth about hotel Mosaic!

Upon arrival, we struggled to find the entrance, this was our own fault, because we relied on a somewhat unstable gps, and we were very tired at that time, so that was our fault.

once we found the entrance, we were amazed that the Hotel looked so new and Modern, so we were very excited!

Upon our arrival in the reception, the staff was Very helpful, They spoke Excellent english, and made us feel more than welcome.

We had booked a small 2-man room, but to our amazement, we got a 4-man room without any extra charges! Just Fantastic!
We chose this hotel because of its cheap price, positive review and location.

And oh my gosh, i must say, this is beyond our expectations, this is the FIRST TIME i´ve ever arrived in a hotel room that actually looks like the photos on the website, if not even BETTER!

The room was in excellent condition, stylish, modern, and 100% quiet!
The beds... are.....AMAZING, so soft and gentle... made me sleep better than ever!

The bathroom, fantastic... The black tiled style really makes the bathroom special, and everything else is just.. well... perfect! no wait, far more than perfect!

The location, it´s also excellent, theres less than 3 minutes to walk to get to the trams, and these connect you to the city, apx 15 minutes to Amsterdam Centraal, and 3 minutes to Leidseplein, just perfect.

There is no breakfast Served in the hotel, but as soon as you are outside the hotel, there´s less than 2 minutes to Cafés, bars, shops, everything you could ever dream of, so this does not matter at all!!!

The hotel has a non-smoking policy, which they take quite seriously, we had to sign a "contract" before we received our key, and i highly appreciate this.Very Professional.

The room has a brand new Samsung smart tv, which is very easy to use, excellent picture quality, and if you have a smartphone, you can easily connect it to the screen to show photos, videos, anything you want, great for those late nights when you are browsing through your photos from your day in Amsterdam.

Seriously,This is the place to be if you are visiting amsterdam, and want an excellent hotel in the city centre for a reasonable price, if you book anywhere else... you are missing out!

This is THE hotel in amsterdam-centrum.

11 out of 10 stars!

Room Tip: Any room will do! They are Excellent!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mosaic City Centre? Share your experiences!