“Comfortable, affordable and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added City Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
City Hotel Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prins Hendrikkade 130, 1011 AP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Ranked #180 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Dublin, Ireland
“Comfortable, affordable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Spent one night in this hotel. Arrived at 09:00am and they gave us a room straight away even though check in time is usually 14:00...even told us to help ourselves to breakfast since the buffet was still out. Within walking distance of everything and right beside the train station. Really enjoyed our stay and would stay there again. Let us leave our bags in storage before we left as we had time to kill before we had to catch our train. Very accommodating and friendly staff

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Ridiculously expensive for what it is. We got a room in what was literally a basement. Horribly cold, no soap or tooth paste or anything. It might as well have been a hostel.
The wifi was suuuuuuper slow and only available in the lobby. The only good point was location, right by Central Station.

Room Tip: dont get the room downstairs! horribly cold and no light.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Recently renovated, but shabby. The bathroom was cold. Steep stairs and no lift. Modest breakfast. We had a beautiful view from the window on the neighboring rooftops. Friendly staff. 10 minutes to the train station and the city center. Budget hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had booked a late trip to Amsterdam with friends, who had booked before me. I had to find somewhere to stay, away from them, as there hotel was now too expensive. I searched with only two weeks to go and found this hotel. It was near all the Central attractions. Near to the Station and close to my friends. Above all it was reasonable ( for Amsterdam ) and no shared facilities.
When I arrived at the hotel, I was given my single room straight away. What I found was a clean, modern, reasonably spacious room. Perfect for my needs. I didn't really use the communal areas as I was out all day. From what I could see, these were clean and functional. Breakfast was typical Dutch/ continental serve yourself, it was fine. The guy on the desk was very helpful, and even lent me his IPhone charger. All in all I would stay here again, no worries.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to City Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about City Hotel Amsterdam

Address: Prins Hendrikkade 130, 1011 AP Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Amsterdam > Binnenstad
Bar / Lounge Room Service
Ranked #180 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Hotel Class:3 star — City Hotel Amsterdam 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Orbitz, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL and Otel so you can book your City Hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Amsterdam City Hotel

If you own or manage City Hotel Amsterdam, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.