“Fine food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Di Sale - CLOSED

Restaurant Di Sale
Willemsparkweg 155, 1071GX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier))
++31-20-6623853
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
heemstede
“Fine food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

In every way we enjoyed this restaurant.We were attended by a friendly waitress and later the chef ( owner ?) came out to inform what we had thought of our meal. My friend and I were both able to compliment him on a well prepared and delectable grilled sea bass and a wonderful dessert.

It was very quiet, even for a Wednesday evening, so maybe one bad review has cost him dearly. Who knows? Perhaps it would be a good idea if he automatically served a good bread as part of the normal procedure... on the house of course.

The price for the quality was I would say would one could expect. € 75 for two courses + 3 wine, 1 bottled water and tip. If in Amsterdam would certainly go there again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Belgrade, Serbia
“Exciting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was in a restaurant with friends who knew the owner. I ate a great soup with lobster and chickpea. Compliments to the chef.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
NL
“Energetic buzz. But slightly cloying flavors.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I recently dined at Di Sale with a friend who was visiting from Toronto. It was both of our first experiences at this restaurant. I will start with the things I liked about Di Sale: The ambiance was very nice - a cozy, but energetic buzz. It is also in a good part of Amsterdam. The servers and hostess couldn't have been nicer. And the wine list and food were quite reasonably priced, especially for this more posh area of Amsterdam. So, these are all good things. And reasons to return. That said, I wasn't crazy about the food. I prefer more subtle flavors; the flavors at Di Sale verged on the cloying. For example, they provided us with an amuse that was comprised of a red pepper-based spread. It was both too oily and too salty. The flavors of the unique ingredients were hidden beneath too many layers. This is how I felt about a lot of the meal. So, in sum, I might go back if I were in the neighborhood. But Di Sale is not on my "best of" list for the city.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Praha
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We chose this restaurant because it had such good reviews but we were disappointed. We arrived at about 19:00 and the restaurant was already packed and really noisy. It´s a very small place so obviously it gets full fast. We ordered drinks (they didn´t have any fresh juice which really surprised us), then we got some bread and amouse bouche. I thought it was really strange to bring those before we even got the menu but fair enough. After a while it turned out that they forgot about the menu so we had to ask for it. As a result a group of people that arrived after us got their meals before we did. in fact we had to wait ages for both the starters and mains. The staff wasn´t attentive at all. We got really annoyed and frustrated during the evening. The starters were good but the mains came with very small side dish. My meat was accompanied literally by one spoon of potato puree smeared all over the plate. I know that small sides are very trendy these days but this was really extreme. Meat was plentiful so we asked for some more bread. Of course they had to put it into the oven first so it arrived when we were almost finishing the dish. By then we were so put off that we didn´t even consider ordering desserts or anything else. Ambience is plain and atmosphere is non-existent. Staff was dressed very casually (jeans etc).

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Small cosy restaurant with atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice modern decor. Full restaurant so atmosphere and buzz of people enjoying themselves. We arrived late after our group had started and staff settled us in took our orders and we could soon catch up and eat with the others. Very tasty meal. Shared starter particularly good