“Perfect place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Savoy Amsterdam

You added Hotel Savoy Amsterdam to your Saves list
Hotel Savoy Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ferdinand Bolstraat 194, 1072 LW Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #244 of 350 Hotels in Amsterdam
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Perfect place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015

Very clean, comfortable, neat, hotel with easy access to the centre of Amsterdam. Pleasant, helpful, staff. coffee available 24/7. Large dining / communal area. Breakfast buffet - great variety. Efficient check-in and out. A joy to stay :)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

Location: 30min from Schipol Airport via train -> bus 65 -> 7min Walk. To Central Station, you will have to walk a good 10min for tram service 16 or 24, which is another 15min. In total less than 30min. Surronding is mostly residential but you can find several cafes, restaurants. Just beside the hotel is Police Station. Safe? Ya, probably. Supermarket Albert Hein is just 5min walk away.

Room: Very spacious for single traveller. there's bathtub too! Bed was clean and it has an interesting feature. You can adjust the inclination of the bed.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

I had booked a single room for 7 nights. On arrival, when I found the room, the card did not open the door. I went to reception (three floors down - with my luggage) and the receptionist gave me a new card. I went back to the room and same problem. I went back down three floors (with my luggage). The receptionist came up this time and told me I was not swiping the card properly. When she swiped it it still didn't work. She used her pass key card to let me in and told me to collect a new card later. When I came back from my first evening out the night porter had to let me in with his pass key but said that if I went out during the night he would let me in.

There was no soap in the basin soap dispenser, there was no bath, there were no facial tissues and the sink still contained whiskers from the previous occupant. When I came back on the first night they had provided a small bar of soap and some tissues while I was out. There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign so I was woken up by room service the next day.Thankfully they upgraded me to a double room on the ground floor without me having to ask.

The double room was not much better. There was a bath, but no bath plug. The bathroom floor was in poor condition (see picture) the room was grimy (see picture). The desk had no useful information card or pack on it so I had to go to reception (AGAIN) to get the WiFi password.

One of the pillow cases provided was torn. The decor was grotty (see picture). When I had moved rooms I had forgotten to bring my eye shade and my headphones. These were not returned to me, but I had not made my loss known.

Good points:- Friendly staff, free use of coffee machine, water/ice dispenser, mini bar/tiny shelf in fridge.

In summary, NOT a four star hotel in my opinion. Very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

This hotel is really affordable, much cheaper than other options in Amsterdam. For the price, you can't really complain. The beds are comfortable, the rooms warm. It's conveniently located, though the closest tram is still a good 15 minutes walk. There is a tram line right in front of the hotel but the further one goes to the relevant areas.
The rooms were very small, the bathroom looked old/worn out, and they didn't provide us with shampoos. They gave us a soap dispenser which was supposed to be shampoo too.
The area is ok but not too great. Though not unsafe, I wasn't too comfortable walking at night.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

A good hotel. The room was nice and the beds were fantastic. The bathroom had a full size bath and a very powerful shower. There were no tea/coffee facilities in the room,but good free coffee in the dining room. The hotel had a very small cosy bar. The staff were very friendly. The location was good depending on where you wanted to be in Amsterdam. There was a tram stop outside, with one change to the city centre, or a 5 minute walk to a direct tram and the lively de Pijp area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Lovely hotel with good size rooms and really comfortable beds so good to relax into after a day spent walking.
Easy walk to Dam Square and all the museums.
Baggage storage available on arrival and departure.
Top tip - book an Amsterdam pass and collect at the airport- covers a canal boat trip, bus, tram, lots of museums and reductions for food outlets.

Room Tip: Not a large hotel but ask for higher floor
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

Hotel room was very comfortable, clean and large - we booked 1 triple room and 1 double and were satisfied with both. We particular loved the adjustable beds! Cant fault the location either as its situated right in front of the tram stop so it made it easy for us to go around the city Its about 40 mins walk to Ams Centraal station which we thought werent too bad as we could look around the city better this way. Plenty of nice bakeries and patisseries nearby for breakfast/lunch/coffee. Staff were also accommodating. Would stay here again definitely.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Savoy Amsterdam? Share your experiences!