“Like being back in France” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A TABLE is a lunchroom, epicerie and catering where you can ask for anything in French! it is about having healthy, daily menu, and a nice moment. Our cafe is open from 8h30 to 6 pm in the week, and saturday sunday a bit later ;-)We would love to have you there for a lunch, brunch or more !
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Like being back in France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am a French national living in NL for 5 years and when I discovered A Table I was thrilled but afraid at the same time. So many 'French' places in Ams...
But Eleonore (the owner) is the best, i saw the products I was eating when I was a kid ! The bread is truly french, as is the wine.
They are uber friendly and will go a long way to satisfy you. I strongly recommend !

• Visited April 2013

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“French experience in Amsterdam - no need to go to Paris anymore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a lovely little place to spend a couple of hours on a lazy day day to enjoy your excellent brunch. The staff is nice and the music creates a very nice atmosphere. Oh, and the food is also very nice. It's just outside of the real city center but it's definitely worth the walk.

• Visited February 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
“Cosy and food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

we didn't book breakfast at our hotel but in stead we brunched at 'a table'. The staff is very friendly, the food is great (croissants and baguettes still warm), ...
A brunch is 17 euro's per person. You get a coffee, a baguette, an orange juice, a croissant, a scrambled or soft boiled eg and a dessert (youghourt). Our opinion is that it's a little pricy for the things you get. My partner asked for a scrambled egg with smoked salmon, which was great but I asked for a soft boiled egg. First they served me almost a hard boiled eg so I asked to get another. No problem ... the second egg was almost raw so I gave it up and return the egg.
Afterall, a so - so experience but we are sure, if they improve a bit, it will be top!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam
“with love of genuine french food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a very relaxed cafe, with great service. The french menu is cooked with a real love for good food; the onion soup was especially delicious. The baking is very good. I brought my three year old girl and baby several times, and my daughter has never been bored; she draws and plays with things provided and with the staff, so when we go it is a pleasure for all of us. After which we can bring something lovely home from the deli as well!

• Visited November 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A little bubble of everything French!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This little cafe is a real find. It is very cozy and a lovely place to spend a Sunday afternoon, as I did, letting the world go by! My Croque Monsieur was delicious and the tea was excellent. The owner is very friendly and it is a home from home for the French (I can imagine?!). Worth a visit if the Dutch food is not all you want it to be! Also some classic French exports on sale e.g Bonne Maman.