“I'm now officially a pork fan” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #199 of 2,244 restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, French, Continental
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Beste Braziliaanse Churrasco de Picanha hier te vinden. Prachtig mooie, verse gerechten, met veel smaak en liefde bereid. een absolute culinaire verrassing net iets uit de route. top tent!Time Out Amsterdam, july 2012, zegt "Brazilian Blowout! 5 stars! "
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“I'm now officially a pork fan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I already knew that the steak is of superb quality here (I'd say the very best in Amsterdam in this price range) from a previous visit. This time I came in late and let my two friends have the last two remaining steaks with morilles and decided myself to try the Iberico Pork. The meat was of a great texture, well marinated and absolutely fantastic taste, I just didn't knew pork can be so delicate. It will have been very high quality meat to begin with but some love and care must definitely have gone into the preparation. Well priced Merlot to smoothly go with it and ending all this with a brilliantly made chocolate cake. We'll be back here for more.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Melbourne
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This small, family-run restaurant has loads of character (it is located in an old house in a street running perpendicular to the Prinsengracht) and very friendly staff. The menu is small but everything is really delicious!

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Brazilian steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Enjoyed walking around looking for this place and was delighted with the result. Very comfortable inside and just very tasty food. Not much more to say about it, just enjoy!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Wien, Austria
“Bad service, common food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

"La Cacerola" looked very promising at first sight. It got a bit uncomfortable when we got seated in a really tight space on the first floor near the stairs because all the other tables were taken but that wouldn't have been a big issue for the six of us. Also the starters were very tasty.

It started to get chaotic with the main course. When the waitress came with two dishes and started serving, we were glad that we did not have to wait very long - so it seemed. When she came back we thought the other dishes would come, but instead she gasped "WAIT" and asked us if we had already started eating. We said no since we were waiting that everybody got served, and so she excused herself, took the plates away and told us they were actually for another table.

We found that strange, and even stranger was that 20 minutes later, the same thing happened again, this time the other waitress was starting with two other dishes that she took back soon after. Now after almost every one of us had their dish served to them and taken away again, we started to get hungry. After some more waiting we finally got our dishes and after confirming several times made sure that they are really for us before starting to eat them.

Most of the main dishes were ok, even if they were not very special and seemed overpriced. Although 2 of our friends had ordered the same type of steak, one of them consisted at least 50% of pure fat. When the friend with the fatless steak asked why the other one was so fat, we just got the answer that it's meant to be like that and that "she got lucky" of having a piece with less fat.

Also, when we got the bill, we were puzzled why there was a handwritten addition of 22 Euros on it. We asked and got the reply that "although one of the dishes appears on the bill it has not been summed up in the whole price" which we couldn't confirm after adding it up together. After we complained they came back with a new bill with the same sum, this time telling us that the price of some dish had not been entered correctly.

Some of the dishes (especially the starters) were very nice, although expensive. All in all however we were very unhappy with the experience and the service especially and would not recommend this restaurant to anybody.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nicosia
“Delicious and cozy dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was excited that I managed to find La Cacerola in the rain. The place is very cozy and warm, and the staff are very welcoming. I was traveling by myself for work. I don't like eating out alone, but La Cacerola was so unintimidating that dining alone was just fine.

I tried the five-course meal, which began with an amazing dish involving beef and pumpkin puree. Amazing! I also enjoyed the signature steak -- it was cooked just right (medium rare for me). I highly recommend the lemon mousse dessert as well.

• Visited November 2013