“Best Thai Food Outside Of Asia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pasoek Thai Restaurant

Ranked #528 of 2,322 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Tel: 020-6374327 located near NH Galaxy hotel Amsterdam. Located a few blocks away. Great food at good prices.
Grafenwohr, Germany
“Best Thai Food Outside Of Asia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

What can I say but amazing. The food is great and not that expensive. The service is awesome as they seem to all work as a team and help each other out. When someone sees something they don't hesitate to help, whether it be serving food, clearing dishes, refilling drinks, or asking if there is anything you need. It is the only place I have been in Europe where the water is free. I would follow Bubviv's advice on this one. She is also right, it is a short trip from downtown and the food is really worth it. It is also nice that the restaurant is in a quiet area and you can relax and not feel rushed.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fiesole, Italy
“Best thai outside Thailand!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Having eaten thai food all over the USA and Europe for the last 25 years, outside of Thailand, this is the best thai restaurant I have ever been to! Excellent dishes, superb customer service, and food that is out of this world. The lovely women who work there are kind and always greet you with a warm smile. The prices are good as well as portions. 2 people 2 dishes 2 beers, under 30 euros.
I can't wait to visit again!
Thank you for such a great dining experience,

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent Thai food and great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went here as a party of 3 on a recent visit to Amsterdam (04/04/2013) as it was close to where we were staying and we really like Thai food!

2 of us went for Set menu 4, which includes
- Mixed Starters
- Spicy Fish Soup
- Main was 3 dishes plus rice
- Coffee
All this for €29.50 per person

The 3rd person in our party went for mixed starters, followed by Chicken Pad Thai for main.

This is a relatively small restaurant, with a good turnover of customers for a Thursday evening. The service was excellent and we did not feel rushed at any point during our meal.

The food was excellent, and the portions are very generous!! The mixed starter is a great plate of food, my taste buds were in overdrive!! Then came the soup, a delicious, spicy bowl of fishy goodness!! The spice took me by surprise at first, but the flavour won me over enough to finish it. Then came the main course. The pad thai looked and tasted amazing with the chicken so tender. Our red fish curry was the star of the night (only closely winning over the mixed starter!!) and did not last long, the other 2 dishes of our set menu were also delicious.

When I return to Amsterdam, I will definitely return to this restaurant, regardless of where I am
staying as it is worth the trip. If you are staying in the centre of Amsterdam, a free ferry service runs from the other side of Central Station every 5-10 minutes. From there it is a 15 minute walk to the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good place for authentic Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are looking for some half decent Thai food in the center of Amsterdam, you can forget it. But just 10 mins away by bus is this place and I recommend you hop to it. I live in Amsterdam and I order takeout from this place fairly often. Why? Because the service is good and the food is AWESOME! Let's start with the basics:

Location ~ It is not far out of the city. Four buses from Centraal Station pass here, and you get off at Mosplein, which is like 2 stops from Centraal. Or take the free ferry across the harbour and cycle all of 10 mins.

Ambience ~ The decor is simple with a splash of Thai-ness. Cosy would probably best describe the interior. Of the several times I have eaten there there was a decent crowd, a large portions of which were Americans. Everyone was chatty and there was a good vibe. It gets busy during dinner time but so far I have always managed to just walk in and get a table for two. I wouldn't say this would be an ideal place for couples looking for a romantic night out, but definitely a place to come with friends and family for casual dining. There is no outdoor seating available, and I don't think dogs are allowed, but I cannot confirm this either.

Food ~ If you like southeast Asian flavours then this place is tha bomb! They are really big on flavours and spice. Watch out for the large chunks of chilli! Many of the dishes are spicey and they are unapologetic about it. You want authentic, then that is that you get. There are dishes of the less spicey in nature. I recommend the 'pangsit' (chicken, crab and prawn fried dumpling), the beef fried rice and the pad thai noodles.

Service ~ From personal experience, many eateries in Amsterdam fare really poorly in this category, and I don't know why that is. But I was happy with the friendly service this establishment offered. Many (if not all) of the wait-staff are Thai but they speak English and Dutch. If you need help with what to order they are more than happy to recommend dishes that you might enjoy.

Value for $$ ~ Dinner for two here would cost anywhere between € 35 - € 50, depending if you order multiple entrees and alcoholic drinks. For the portions of food you get I would say that their prices are very reasonable and I would be happy to recommend this place to anyone looking for a Thai restaurant for dinner. They are only open for dinner and business hours are from 4pm - 10 pm. And yes, they accept both cash and card (VISA, Mastercard, American Express).

• Visited February 2013
Israel
“Probably one of the best Thai places in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I am a big fan of Thai food and this is probably one of the best restaurants in town.
The Pad-Thai was amazing!
The price is good (between 11-14 euros per dish) and the dishes are very big.
The service was good too.

Can't wait to go back for some more Pad-Thai.

• Visited October 2012