My wife and I stayed 5 nights in a regular room. We used this hotel as a base for exploring Amsterdam and the northern reaches of the Netherlands.
- if you have a car you'll save a lot of money as parking charges in Amsterdam are ludicrous ( only 8 euros to park for the day and free from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m.)
- easy access to the trams
- free included breakfast (limited spread but enough, good coffee)
- free WIFI and free computer use in the lobby
- standard room but very comfortable ( good size, air-con, clean sheets, modern bathroom, spacious)
- friendly and helpful staff ( many business clients but we didn't feel awkward as tourists )
- location outside of city center but that was o.k. as it gave us a look at another side of the city
- good supermarket around the corner for any edible needs
- hard to find initially but then alright
- no in-room safe ( there's one at the front desk )
Overall, it's a typical Holiday Inn but with a more "homely" feel. Definitely the best Holiday Inn we experienced in the Netherlands. This hotel represents great value overall and makes for an excellent base of exploration.
I hope you find this review helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spring is upon us and so is the new Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – SouthThe new Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – South is ideally located near the financial district of Amsterdam, the South Axis. When using tram or bus which stops in front of the hotel, guests are in close reach of all main financial institutes, the VU Medical Center and the RAI Congress Center (all at 5-10 minutes door-to-door travel). The sound proof, well-furnished and spacious rooms offer modern equipment like LCD TVs with satellite, free Wi-Fi, coffee/tea facilities and a walk in shower. On top of all these facilities, our guests are served a complimentary Continental breakfast and also a free daily kosher breakfast is available with no advance reservation required. Next to this the hotel offers special kosher sandwiches. The hotel is located in the Jewish community of Amsterdam and Amstelveen and therefore you will also find many Orthodox Synagogues within walking distance and special Shabbat amenities are available in the hotel.With close proximity of the A10 around Amsterdam, you can easily travel to many main destinations in the Netherlands (Haarlem, The Hague, Utrecht, etc.) and also sightseeing to the most important sites (for instance the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House and the Royal Palace) are in good reach via public transport. The Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – South welcomes you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.