My wife and I stayed 5 nights in a regular room. We used this hotel as a base for exploring Amsterdam and the northern reaches of the Netherlands.
- if you have a car you'll save a lot of money as parking charges in Amsterdam are ludicrous ( only 8 euros to park for the day and free from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m.)
- easy access to the trams
- free included breakfast (limited spread but enough, good coffee)
- free WIFI and free computer use in the lobby
- standard room but very comfortable ( good size, air-con, clean sheets, modern bathroom, spacious)
- friendly and helpful staff ( many business clients but we didn't feel awkward as tourists )
- location outside of city center but that was o.k. as it gave us a look at another side of the city
- good supermarket around the corner for any edible needs
- hard to find initially but then alright
- no in-room safe ( there's one at the front desk )
Overall, it's a typical Holiday Inn but with a more "homely" feel. Definitely the best Holiday Inn we experienced in the Netherlands. This hotel represents great value overall and makes for an excellent base of exploration.
I hope you find this review helpful!