Myself and my other half stayed here in January 2014.
We were looking for a base for our 3 night stay in Amsterdam and saw this place and thought it looked great.
The hotel is around a 20 minute tram ride in to the city centre which for us we actually quite liked as it meant we saw a little bit more of the "real Amsterdam" and also had time to check where we were going etc before getting off in the city!
There was also a Metro at the tram stop which I believe is a little bit quicker. Both the Metro/Tram stop is a 1 minute walk from the hotel just by the shops.
The hotel itself is extremely clean with all furnishings well maintained and the communal areas looking spotless. I saw them being cleaned on a regular basis.
The bedrooms were also really well maintained and looked great. The bathrooms in particular the shower were great and just what you needed after being on your feet all day!!
You could not argue with the breakfast - a continental selection with meats, croissants, eggs, toast etc and gallons of coffee setting you up for the day ahead. The staff (apart from house keeping!!) were extremely friendly :)
I would return to this hotel for sure if I ever came back to Amsterdam.
Just 2 points:
1. We had our Do Not Disturb sign on our door for 2 days running as the first night we had a looooong day and wanted to have a lay in. At around 11am on the second day we had a knock on the door of the room and a rather grumpy lady from house keeping stated that as we had our DND sign on the door for 2 days straight they HAD to come in and clean the room??? I stated the room did not cleaning and we were relaxing (it really did not need cleaning) and yet this lady stated that it was policy that if DND was on the door for 2 days running they HAD to clean the room and that it was in the rooms book - which it quite clearly was not. As I did not back down another female asked me when we were checking out to which I said tomorrow and then all of a sudden was told not to worry about it - what a silly situation that was!
2. The TV is advertised as having a multitude of foreign channels such as BBC1 & 2 - In reality there were around 6 stations, all in Dutch. Whilst I did not intend to spend my time watching TV in Amsterdam it would have been nice to watch a little in bed after a long day. If that could get sorted and also a quick word with housekeeping then this place would get 5 stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spring is upon us and so is the new Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – SouthThe new Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – South is ideally located near the financial district of Amsterdam, the South Axis. When using tram or bus which stops in front of the hotel, guests are in close reach of all main financial institutes, the VU Medical Center and the RAI Congress Center (all at 5-10 minutes door-to-door travel). The sound proof, well-furnished and spacious rooms offer modern equipment like LCD TVs with satellite, free Wi-Fi, coffee/tea facilities and a walk in shower. On top of all these facilities, our guests are served a complimentary Continental breakfast and also a free daily kosher breakfast is available with no advance reservation required. Next to this the hotel offers special kosher sandwiches. The hotel is located in the Jewish community of Amsterdam and Amstelveen and therefore you will also find many Orthodox Synagogues within walking distance and special Shabbat amenities are available in the hotel.With close proximity of the A10 around Amsterdam, you can easily travel to many main destinations in the Netherlands (Haarlem, The Hague, Utrecht, etc.) and also sightseeing to the most important sites (for instance the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House and the Royal Palace) are in good reach via public transport. The Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – South welcomes you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.