“Excellent place to stay in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Tulip of Amsterdam B&B to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Tulip of Amsterdam B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Kloveniersburgwal 9 HS, 1011 JT Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Ranked #11 of 305 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent place to stay in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Tulip of Amsterdam was one of our favourite places we stayed while overseas. David greeted us on arrival and gave us great recommendations and directions, and even carried my bag up the steep stairs. Our room was absolutely beautiful. Great location, close to all the main attractions we wanted to see. Directions provided on their site as to how to get there from the train station were very very helpful. I would definitely stay here again if I am to return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Tulip of Amsterdam for two nights at the beginning of February this year. We decided we were going to make this trip at the beginning of December and I was price checking hotels everyday for nearly two months. Eventually, my boyfriend stumbled across this B&B on Trivago.com and the price seemed really reasonable compared to all of the hotels in the local area. After reading the fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor we were really excited to book and stay here!
My boyfriend is a cat allergy sufferer, but after liaising with the owners Chris and David over email, they assured us that we would be placed into a room with a separate entrance that the resident cat, Loytje, cannot get access too. There were many several helpful emails from them before we had even traveled to Amsterdam, the service from them is first class.
When we arrived in Amsterdam we decided to get a taxi from Schipol Airport to Tulip of Amsterdam, this cost around 50 euros. When we left to go home, we decided to walk to Central station and get the train which cost around 9 euros for the two of us, the journey was just as quick and straightforward, we will definitely be getting the train both ways next time!
Nikki was our host for the duration of our stay, she was extremely helpful and had lots of useful information. One thing I will mention is that the plug sockets here are not the same as English sockets, I do not know why I didn't think to pack a plug adapter, unfortunately my boyfriend's Iphone ran out of battery and Nikki lent us her spare phone charger overnight...what a saint!
The location of this B&B is perfect, it is close to the Red Light District, Dam Square, Central Station, coffeeshops, and also 20-30 minute walk to the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum, with many designer, high street and tourist shops to browse between each of these locations. Being a couple in our 20's, we were looking for good food and places to drink and dance each night, the best place for this we found was Leidseplein square, which is about a 20 minute walk from Tulip of Amsterdam. I do not often visit places that I have already been to as I enjoy seeing new sites and countries, however we absolutely cannot wait to get back to Amsterdam and stay at this wonderful home away from home! 5 star from us!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lorrach, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Tulip of Amsterdam in December for three nights. Chris and David are friendly helpful hosts. We stayed in the large Dutch Room which was pleasantly furnished. Although centrally located, it was quiet inside as the room was not overlooking the street. For breakfast there was a good choice of food to suit all tastes. On the website the steep stairs are mentioned, they really are very steep and narrow but even my husband, who was walking with crutches at the time of our visit, managed to get up and down without too much trouble. David and Chris carried the luggage for us. If we go to Amsterdam again, we would choose the Tulip of Amsterdam

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Loved this place, its location and friendly host! Stayed there in October 2013 for 2 nights and being alone, I was quite pleased with the warm welcome and assistance in finding my way around. The house is an original canal house and the winding stairs up to my room were pretty steep but my luggage was handled for me so it wasn't an issue. The room is old but lovingly restored with all the modern amenities. I walked from the train station with my luggage which may have been only a 10 minute walk but considering I was jet-lagged, I'd probably take a taxi next time. The day I left, I was looking for a place to find nail polish and David walked me around a corner, down the street and helped me with my purchase. Excellent client service! The only other thing - they wanted cash so make sure you use the ATM before arriving.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed in this B&B early this year and this was my first B&B experience. The place is located very central, I like that I can just walk from anywhere. Central station is very close and china town with a lot of nice restaurants is just few steps away. David welcomed me warmly and gave me a very good insight of the city. I had a good feeling about this place. It is very homey.

Room Tip: I like the green room a lot! Full of character!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at the Tulip of Amsterdam for 3 nights at the end of December 2013 based on the recommendation of a friend. This B&B is amazing! It is right in front of a canal, and you could walk everywhere from this B&B. Not once did we take the metro to go anywhere, including the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum, Jordaan, Anne Frank museum, and all the other places. The Red Light District is a couple of minutes' walk from there. The B&B is in this beautiful old building. The stairs are narrow, but nothing that a normal abled-bodied person can't handle. The kitchen is fully stocked, and you can make your own breakfast. Our room is the large Dutch room, and it was fantastic. The room is indeed large and very comfortable. It even included an eating table and Nespresso in the room.

But most of all, the service is outstanding. For example, we had a slight accident at Central Station when we first arrived when someone emptied a tube of toothpaste on our jacket, and David immediately offered to wash our jacket so we can use it back immediately during our trip. Both Chris and David provide a warm place to stay. They give good recommendations on how to go around the city and places to see. Special shout out to their cat, Loytje, who is definitely a big, big plus in our stay - he is so charming!

We definitely recommend Tulip of Amsterdam either for first time travelers to Amsterdam or return travelers. We cannot wait to go back!

Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was our second stay at the B&B, just as good second time round. You can easily walk to all the attractions from here and central station is a 10 min walk away.
The owners Chris and David are very friendly and helpful. \\perfect place to stay!

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Tulip of Amsterdam B&B? Share your experiences!