“Lovely little restaraunt” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Barnsley
“Lovely little restaraunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We found this place whilst wandering around on a Saturday evening and I'm very glad we stumbled across it. Very pretty and cosy inside and the food was fantastic. I'd like to visit again when I return to Amsterdam.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
“Decent, but not mindblowing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Well located in "Chinatown", and on the whole reasonably priced with a good selection of food. Flavours are fairly authentic but not spicy enough - both in terms of heat and flavours - for my tastes. The decor is quite nice, although a bit more light might make it easier to make out what exactly was being served! I also wasn't overly keen on the roti cenai, which to me seemed a bit odd without its usual condiments (some curry sauce at least?!). It also looked like the frozen packet stuff so didn't have the same lightness that the freshly made roti would have. I must say the waiters were very friendly and accommodating. Recommended if you keep your expectations at a reasonable level.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good malaysian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

For those who craves for Malaysian authetic food in Amsterdam, go to Wau. The ambience and hospitality was good. The host was cheerful and was always making sure we are ok.

London, United Kingdom
“Perfect service, perfect food, perfect evening.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Came here as part of a celebration with my partner.

The food here is fantastic, every flavour is truly unique, and a pleasure to experience. The satay's were absolutely wonderful, the sauce was smooth and not overpowering, and the spices were just right!

The interior is beautiful, the lighting is really ambient and it's really quite romantic.

The service is fantastic, the waitresses are friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. One woman who served us was hilarious! They're all so nice :)

If you're in the area, and craving something that's a little different from the overwhelming amount of argentinian/indonesian places in the area, look no further. This place has you covered.

One thing I will say is that they sometimes bring the satay's out in two batches, so if what you've initially got on your plate doesn't look like much, don't make my mistake and ask about it, they're going to bring you more! and you'll just look silly (like me!)

All in all I loved it.. When I come back to Amsterdam, Wau will definitely be on my list :)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Interesting cuisine with good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Wau. It is a small restaurant tucked away in an alley. The food was delicious and arrived quickly. We chose to eat inside so we didn't smell all the smoke outside. The portions were large and it was our first experience with Malaysian food. It was a random choice but worked well for us. Our bill was 67 euros for three of us, we ordered the menu (3 courses) and two satay and one beer, 2 water and a mint tea.

• Visited July 2013