“DONOT GO HERE !! Worst hotel ever !!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Art Gallery Hotel

You added Art Gallery Hotel to your Saves list
Art Gallery Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Weteringschans 67, 1017 RX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #249 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Melbourne, Australia
“DONOT GO HERE !! Worst hotel ever !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Okay okay okay so I've never written a review before but this hotel p*%#ssed me right off !!! The location is good-ish but it is very pricey for what u get. SO I booked the hotel thinking yeah it's exeownsive but I am so jetlagged and tired I want to sleep. Check in time is 1pm I get tere at 1:30 he sais oh no no not for another hour you won't be ready so I go do something for an hour, keeping in mind I booked this so I can sleep my jetlagg off and this is why I psi so much. After an hour I go back he sais "no not even close to being ready come back in another hour"so I go lay in a park for an hour . I come back and he said "no we are not ready but I will give you another room because you're so tired " so he gives me a room. I go up the stairs which are the most narrow steep stairs I have ever seen . I lug up 30kgs behind me (I am 20and 49kgs) &veey skinny and web I had to turn on my side and walk up. SO. I get to the room the door is open the sheets are on the floor the room itself is tiny there are towels in the shower on the floor the mattress is stained and there's rubbish on te floor. I lug all my stuff back down the stairs and say look man I am not staying here . I have been all over the world in the worst backpackers imaginable and am not materialistic ATALL I am a 20year old girl and travel a lot. I have slept in rooms with 20peoole all on their phones and don't see this as a problem but this is by far the worst hotel experience of my life and not to mention the room itself was so small and wired &there was a single toilet about 30cms in front of my door where some old man would just stand and look into my room. For the price they are asking forget about it . Do not stay here . Go get a nice hotel in the middle of Amsterdam for this price. This is horrible I have never written a review before but this needs to be warned. Management did not care, staff had no idea what they were doing and if it sais checkin at 1on the website you'd think there's be check in at 1 and not 4:30. Sorry about spelling mistakes on my phone. 19july 2013

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay, it felt like a family hotel.
They let me sleep a little longer on checkout time which was much appreciated!
Shower was big and good hot water stream.
Reception is 24\7 available and they always request to save the key for you, if for someone that matters...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

A really nice hotel with tram stop just around the corner. Great atmosphere, great food and the hospitality was wonderful. Amsterdam is quite expensive for food and drink so the hotel bar and restaurant was very welcome and keenly priced.

Room Tip: To the rear of the building is best.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff are very friendly and super accommodating - we received a free breakfast because they could not get us a different room, which is very very nice of them. The location is good - just a short walk from the Leidseplein and on a busy road if walking late at night (good thing for solo travellers). The breakfast was ample and tasty. The sheets were clean and the bed was very comfy.

The size of the room was explained from the start as being a small room - it was small, but we managed okay regardless. Thank you for a friendly experience - we will come again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and it was great, the bed was absolutely comfy, the room was in the front of the building and it was very quiet, the man at the front desk was very helpful, one of the days we missed the time for the breakfast 8-10am, we arrived at 10:10am but he kept it up for us, such a nice thing to do. Thanks amigo!

The only one thing I didn't liked was the smelly bathroom. Other than that was great.

This hotel is very close to the Rij and Van Gogh museum, one block away. and like 500 mts of the tram stop. Not too bad if you are carrying one piece of luggage.

One Tip, as soon as you get off the Tram at Leidseplain stop, locate the Apple store Sign, and walk into that direction. I didn't find it as easy as in the instructions in their website, so maybe this will help you :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a 4 day stay in Amsterdam and I have to say that this is a great place to stay. The staff is eztra friendly and nice and the acomodation is more than great. We (me and my wife) took a double room (1 big bed) and i have to say that it was the comfiest bed i had ever slept in. The room was clean, we had a tv which aired comedy central and the bathroom (even if we had to share with others from the floot) was nice. Hot shower, clean towels, everything you need. The hotel is very close to Jardaan, the canal ring , red light district and museums and it is definetly worth its money.

Been to Art Gallery Hotel? Share your experiences!