“I Wasn't So Sure At First But It Got Better :)” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,569 of 2,299 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Eclectic
St. Louis, MO, USA
“I Wasn't So Sure At First But It Got Better :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

When we arrived, the waiter acted a bit funny and I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good experience. We asked for something and I guess tried to make a joke then corrected us in a way we thought was rude. Due to the language barrier, I guess we had some type of miscommunication. But anyways, he ended being very attentive and helpful. The food took quite a while but we ordered the Beef Stroganoff and the Chateaubriand with bleu cheese. Once they arrived, they were both fantastic! Very good quality meat. The Chateaubriand was amazing. The stroganoff didn't have cream but maybe since it was a Spanish restaurant, this is how they cook it? Either way, it was still good. The ambiance is great. It's n a quiet corner and we ate outside at night. The candles in red votives on the table give it a nice atmosphere. There were plenty of locals of all ages and it seemed like a great place for regulars. We ordered expensive meals but they did have specials of the day that were more affordable. I liked it and would return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Cheerful tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stumbled across this place and ended up dining here twice on our holiday in Amsterdam. We loved the relaxed atmosphere and the fact that it is a open kitchen where the chef greets you and we basically placed our exact order with the chef, who was very accommodating to our 2 year old's demands!
Food is very good quality and presented nicely.
Price was standard for Amsterdam.
Basically a pub doing very good grub. Would recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Virginia
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Kind-of a hip local neighborhood comfortable bar/restaurant, I came across this establishment strictly because my stomach was calling for some nourishment as I was walking by. A mixed age crowd, it appeared that guests were happy and having fun--looked like my kind of place! Smiling barkeeps, cheerful up-beat waitstaff, we were greeted as though they Wanted our business. Good start! Sat for a local beer and checked the menu; two substantial meals were ordered and a third of our party ordered an appetizer. The meals were beautifully presented and the portions were generous. Even the appetizer was enough to satisfy myself as my meal. The place is casual enough that we chatted with our neighbors as I shared stories about a tour we had just finished and they were about to begin. The place is casual, clean, up-beat, serves excellent food, all at a fair price. If I was local they would call me a 'regular'. Check the map, a it' close to Concertgebouw and Rikjsmuseum.

London, United Kingdom
“A Lucky Find & All Round Great Establishment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Amsterdam & stumbled upon this fab wee bar/restaurant on our first night as it was just around the corner from our B & B near the museums. Tired from travelling & enthused by very friendly staff, we had our first meal here. It was absolutely fantastic! Beautifully cooked steaks & tweaked to all our culinary tastes. The quality of the food & beer was just fabulous & we came away very happy.

Sadly most of our food adventures in Amsterdam over the following days didn't amount to much & rather than be once again disappointed in another restaurant we went back to Quinto again this evening. It was awesome once more. We had pork medallions & chicken skewers with salad & great chips leading us to believe that we really can't fault this place & as an added extra the owner gave us a drink on the house after we had paid our bill! To any Amsterdam foodies who want great quality, fresh & well cooked food - please head here! And the staff are super friendly too. Thoroughly recommend and for families too - very kid friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Essex, UK
“Friendly and charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stumbled across this pub/cafe whilst looking for somewhere else last Monday 1 April 2013. What a charming, friendly place. A mis-match of chairs and tables, bit like pubs you get in the UK. The barman was friendly and service was good. The food was bit pricey, but we found that everywhere in Amsterdam is the same. We had ravoli and calamari (not together), salad and beers, it was very good and had a warm atmosphere. Worth a visit ....

• 4 of 5 stars Food