“The worst hotel I've ever been” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Season Star Hotel

Save Saved
You added Season Star Hotel to your Saves list
Season Star Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Martelaarsgracht 18, Amsterdam 1012 TR, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #339 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Milan, Italy
“The worst hotel I've ever been”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011 via mobile

Paid 262€ for a dirty, uncomfortable and small room.
Tv not working, shower broken.

Really unpleasant experience.
I don't understand how an hotel like the can be a 3 stars.

• Stayed May 2011

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed at the Season star for 4 nights with 3 friends. We paid an average £130 each for the whole stay. I cannot rate the location of this hotel highly enough, perfect walking distance to most places, didn't use a tram once. Right next to the central train station, which was perfect and we didn't get lost (amazingly). The hotel stairs are a bit scary, but there is a lift. The room was topped up with fresh towels and toilet paper and the beds made each day. Basic but good breakfast each morning. Lovely, friendly staff. Comfortable beds, not too cold or hot. The bathroom flooded a little after a shower but to be honest it really didn't matter. I don't understand all the bad reviews, at that sort of price what do you expect? I was 100% satisfied with my stay at the season star and will definitely recommend it to friends and stay there again. So if you're looking for somewhere with an amazing location (bars, coffee shops, restaraunts, museums) no frills and inexpensive, the season star really is a great choice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

the hotel looks ok in reseption. but my room was not cleaned, old and dirty.
i got sick on my trip in amsterdam because of the dirty room.
in the night there was a mouse/rat in our room running around eating
on plastic bags. they wouldnt give us any money back.
stay far far away from this hotel. i dont understand where they
get 3 stars from.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

The fire alarm was hanging from the ceiling with exposed wires, which had been covered with a plastic bag. There was a thick layer of dust on the outskirts of the room. There was mould in the air vent in the bathroom above the shower and the hotel was filthy. When the staff where approached regards our concerns they totally dismissed and ignored our comments.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010 via mobile

My 2 night stay in amsterdam in this hotel was satisfactory, I recommend you argue the price and view the room as some of the other reviews suggest this is a bad hotel so maybe I was lucky coz my room was alright and there was nothing out of the ordinary going on there. But be warned I threw up on the floor haha... Shall I tell you which room?? 104

• Stayed March 2011
montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

do not stay here.for the same price you can stay at a much better hotel. do not unless you dont want any sleep.it is very noisy .they wanted to charge me hundreds of dollars to change rooms.their was mouse poop all over my room.tons of it.my whole stay the owners and most staff were very rude,they lie about everything.my room was covered in mouse poop and a big fat mouse running around with me in the room looking at it.i tell the staff and i am told i am making it up and its my imagination .there is no wifi
internet .they are lying .they told me all kinds of lies.like it comes and goes!!!well it never came ...also the breakfast was so bad.... i kinda ate it once.i was finally changed rooms and it was not much better .the shower wets the whole room i mean floods it .it is just a shower head in the middle of the bathroom not contained in anything....i have traveled all over the world and this place is the worst hotel i have ever stayed at.i even had a -do not disturb -sign on my door and at 7:00am the owners kid walks into my room and gives me fresh towels he knocked as he was throwing the door open.i called visa they said that they could not refund my money. i was very polite and calm whenever complaining.or asking about the internet and stuff .i have been to amsterdam 3 times . i have noticed that you have to be extra careful when choosing a hotel in amsterdam .i thought i would be okay here because of the pictures and it being 3stars WAS I EVER WRONG .i stayed at a hostel once and it was 100000000 times better then this place .if you go to amsterdam go upscale in this town it makes all the difference . i stayed at a 3 star golden tulip for a week.it was cheaper then season star by hundreds... the breakfast was awesome ,the staff was nice. front desk was was so helpful to every last person.but yup thats another review.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
Stuttgart
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

We booked 3 rooms for a weekend trip at the Season Star hotel in Amsterdam. First, we saw the impressive website. This was one big reason why we booked this hotel... thinking we can't go wrong with a three star hotel.

Then we arrived. OMG! The staff was stupid and completely incompetent for their job. When we checked in, only some of us got a key card for the rooms. The others had to ask the staff each time they wanted to get in their room. The elevator does definitely not comply with any European standard, so we decided to use the stairs because we are not suicidal. Later we saw the staff use the elevator to transport the garbage.

The first time we entered the room, there was luggage from another hotel guest left in it. The room was not cleaned... there were dirty socks hanging in the open window (see pictures) and the bedding was not washed after the previous guest had left. It was supposed to be white, but actually it was grey and there was hair on it. A second window was so dirty that we could hardly see through it. Also, the wall beside the bed was covered with mildew (see picture) ... risk to health. Most power sockets were unsafe because the lines were wildly hanging around (see picture). The only safe looking socket was not usable because in the right connector was a broken plug.

The "shower" was also full of mildew and in two of the rooms, the toilet was separated to the sleeping room only by a see-through saloon door. We had no soap and only half a roll of toilet paper.

We tried talking to the staff because we wanted at least a discount. The receptionist was not willed to give a discount and also didn't let us talk to the hotel manager.

The breakfast was rationed and disgusting. After first tasting it we decided to take breakfast elsewhere. By the way, the tables where the guests ate were used as a sleeping place by the night concierge.

Long story short: DON'T GO THERE... you could better sleep on a bank in a park.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Season Star Hotel? Share your experiences!