“remarkable gem right on the canals” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Seven one Seven

You added Hotel Seven one Seven to your Saves list
Hotel Seven one Seven
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prinsengracht 717, 1017 JW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #15 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam
“remarkable gem right on the canals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I'm so impressed and surprised of not knowing this lovely boutique hotel offered charm yet modern ammenities, history without compromising the standards. The hotel staff were very accomadating and the concierge has helped me drop off a few Christmass gifts that I was unable to delivery myself since my trip was cut short.
The breakfast was fresh and perfect with its small windows overlooking the tiny patio. Flowers were arranged meticulously and the china, cloths & napkins were so perfectly thought of.
There are 3 lounge areas with fireplaces, magazines and a great place to host guests.
I have recommended this property for my friends especially for those who want intimacy, quality and that special something.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovey
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I am a regular Amsterdam visitor and recently stayed at the Seven one Seven for the first time following a friend's recommendation and had a truely exceptional experience. It is a wonderful and centrally located boutique hotel, a home away from home. There is tons of detail, the staff is very passionate and was really helpful securing a booking for a great dinner venue. Will definitely go again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Altadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I went on a business trip to Amsterdam but ended up having a romantic getaway, thanks to this hidden gem! Hotel Seven One Seven is a beautiful, quaint hotel with a lot of character and class. It is a small hotel with a lot of special attention to their guests. The minute you walk in to the hotel you are taken to very different world....the smell, decor, and music sets a perfect ambiance. Every morning a delicious breakfast was either served in their cozy patio or brought to your room in an adorable basket. Everything served on the most beautiful table setting with special attention to detail. The hotel is in a perfect location (walking distance) to visit all the sites and enjoy the restaurants. The concierge was very helpful, friendly, and quick in finding any restaurant or attraction of choice. After a long day of meetings or touring we would return to the hotel for an afternoon of tea and cookies promptly brought to our room. In the evening we would end our night with a bottle of wine and appetizers delivered to our room...all at no cost to us. The staff was very attentive and made sure that we were enjoying our stay in their hotel and Amsterdam! Our room (called the Tolkien Room) was very spacious and beautifully decorated. I spent many hours in the room enjoying my book....it was very peaceful....I did not want to leave the room. We were sad to leave Amsterdam...and Hotel Seven One Seven....but I look forward to visiting it again. When we returned to the US the hotel contacted us that we had left a toilettery case behind. This was a special gift given to my husband a few years back...I asked them if it was possible to send it to us and promptly I received it in the mail. My husband and I love to travel but I have to say such service and class is very hard to find. Hotel Seven One Seven, thank you for making our stay so special.....Amsterdam is truly lucky to have a gem like you!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed in the beautiful Mahler Suite and felt very comfortable.
The staff is very friendly, helpful and hospitably. The breakfast was delicious.

Especially the lovely decoration of the hotel with a lot of wonderful details impressed us.
We can really recommend this hotel for a unique stay in Amsterdam.

Furthermore the location is perfect: all important sights etc. are in walking distance.

Thank you again for this great stay!!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stayed here one night during a congress this fall. The location is lovely, and the hotel itself, while somewhat quirky, has a laid back, welcoming vibe to it as well. I was greeted very warmly and every effort was made to make me feel at home.

I enjoyed a good nights sleep, a good breakfast - the only hitch was that the reception had forgotten to book my taxi for the morning after, as a business traveller that is somewhat annoying but she admitted her mistake & ordered a new taxi that came very quickly, so no harm done.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Tel-Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

the only problem with the 717 in Amsterdam is that it guarantee disappointment in any other hotel...
Rooms are stunning, walking outside seems like a wrong move.
hotel staff is friendly and smart, helpful and glowing with charm.
there's no doubt that we'll be back for more.

Buenos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

You have all transportation in the corner you have de best restaurants near by. And the best room you can cooose

Room Tip: The are not elevator, and the scalator are n or very friendly, choose te ones near the ground floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Seven one Seven? Share your experiences!