“I loved staying here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Old Quarter

Save Saved
You added Hotel Old Quarter to your Saves list
Hotel Old Quarter
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Warmoestraat 22 | 1012 JD Amsterdam, 1012 JD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #246 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
“I loved staying here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great price, great location and outstanding staff, I would definitely stay here again for another long weekend! We stayed for 3 nights, on the first, we hadn't paid to upgrade to a canal view and I must say, it did look like we were staying in a shed. There were holes in the walls but hey, that's what you get for 1 star! haha. The second and third night, we DID upgrade and it was idea for us. Perfectly clean, lovely views and close to everything. Perfect for crawling back high at 2am!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get the room overlooking the canal!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here with 12 lads on a stag do, I was the organiser so was obviously nervous about our choice of hotel!! We chose the Old Quarter mainly due to its central location and low price which lets face it is all you want on a stag do.

We had two quads and two doubles and I was located in the quads at the very top of the hotel so I cant comment on the doubles. The quads however were located at the very top of the hotel up the steepest stairs I've ever experienced in my life and 'overlooking' the centre of the hotel... basically all the other rooms.

The room itself was small but not horrendously so, we just had a bit of a laugh about it then went for a drink, lets face it, we didn't spend much time in the room!! The bathroom was good and was more of a wet room but the shower was great and certainly blasted the hangovers away!! The beds weren't the comfiest, the walls were a bit dirty, the tv was pointlessly small and the room was bland - but we were on a stag do and it was perfect for what we needed.

The hotel entrance is into the bar and the bartenders were all extremely friendly (if a little busy and rushed in the mornings) and they really did add something to our trip, I didn't catch his name but the guy behind the bar was particularly friendly and when we stumbled back in at 2am one morning still wanted to get us a drink and was very hospitable.

I didn't sample the breakfast any morning but we did have a burger there one night which was actually very good. The bar has a great selection of drinks too and had a very sociable and friendly atmosphere about it. During our stay we got talking to another stag do and a lone American businessman!

Finally, the location, this is where the hotel is the best. 5 minutes from the station, 5 minutes from Dam square and 5 minutes from the buzz and sights and sounds. Its about as central as you can get which was great for us.

All in all we had a great stag do and the hotel did help. No I wouldn't take the girlfriend here, no I wouldn't stay here on business but for our stag do it is deserving of its very good status and for groups of friends, tourists on a budget or people who aren't fussed about 5 star quality or the little extra's this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lincolnshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my first ever stay over in Amsterdam and I was at least expecting somewhere clean to lay my head... The room itself was very basic to say the least (80 euros) & the shower floor was so manky I actually got showered in my socks and then threw them in the bin!!!! Unless you're smacked off your tits, give this hotel a miss! In addition, because its on the main 'coffee shop' street, there is relentless noise into the early hours and then just to make sure you can't possibly sleep there is an early morning glass collection by the local council.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dumfries,Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

At last, a hotel you can smoke in! And it has cheery staff and a decent bar/restaurant. The rooms are wee and there are no doubles but they are serviceable and clean and the beds are cumfy, will stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gold Beach, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Spend the extra euros for the canal view rooms. Stayed here a few times over the past 6 years, and it has always been a pleasure. Friendly and helpful staff, stupendous location and comfy room! 200 characters is way too many, thanks.

Room Tip: Canal view rooms, for sure!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My bed sheets had not been changed and had been slept in by a woman who had bleed on the sheets from her menstrual cycle. Unfortunately, the bed was made and I didn't discover this to midway through the night when I got up to go to the bathroom. There were three single beds in this room. I said to my wife, who was as shocked as I was, that maybe they were stains from another time, which she said in a very knowing fashion, that no, these sheets had not been washed! Fortunately, there was another bed for me to sleep in. Unfortunately, the bed was broken. Other than that, a great location and good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I used to go to Amsterdam for the Week-end, I have already been 3 times in this hotel and each time, it was perfect.
The service is great, the front office agent is very nice always smiling and happy to see you here.
The complimentary breakfast is perfect to start a good days in this beautiful city.

Last time, we were udgrated to a canal view room and I really appreciate that, the view was incredible.

Room Tip: Canal View is awesome !!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Old Quarter? Share your experiences!