“Do not stay here!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beursstraat 5, 1012 JT Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #182 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Do not stay here!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011 via mobile

I arrived early Monday and our room was ready which was great , the stairs are very steep much more so then any other hotel I have stayed in , in Amsterdam. The room
nothing like
the frisco inn shows it's was small
which again most rooms are in Amsterdam we might aswell of not had any pillows they where that flat made it difficult to sleep secondly duvet was stained and dirty.

Monday night around 11pm I was woken by my carrier bags of bits I'd brought crackling I awoke to find mice all
over it. With that we packed everything up went downstairs and wad told by the manager he could only stuff the holes around the room with a table
cloth or we find a new hotel, these were out options at 11 o'clock at night. We went to find a new hotel but couldn't find one for our entire stay so we had no option but to stay at the hotel. The next day we asked a female member of staff if they could sort out a discount or something she said they would sort something out. We came back later nothing was said, we were served breakfast by the female the next day again nothing was said een when we checked out so nothing was done. The only good thing about the hotel is it's location.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We loved our stay at the frisco inn! Very close to train station walking distance to practically everywhere. Stairs are a bit steep but but bad at all as all Amsterdam buildings are like that. Staff were very friendly room was clean and was exactly what we needed. Had a brilliant stay and we are returning this month can't wait!

• Stayed October 2010
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

I enjoyed myself when I stayed here. Our plane journey got cancelled due to the snow and we only had a budget so we chose not to stay at the fashion hotel and find a hotel in town for the extra night. We came across this hotel by accident and it is a little gem. It is within 5 minute walk from Centraal station and is right next to the red light disrict.
It is basic - so please do not have high expectations. However it is clean, has sky channels and is cosy.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. They checked us in, offered us a hot drink and were there to help. Best customer service I have experienced in a while.
The only thing I would not recommend is the breakfast as I thought 5 euros for a couple slices of toast and cheese were a little expensive. As if you go for a walk there are many cafes that have excellent deals for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New London, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

This is my second time staying at the Frisco and both times have had a great time. The hotel is located about 5-10 minute walk from the train station, 2 blocks to the red light district, two blocks from the tram, and a few blocks from Chinatown. Your are in the middle of it all!
The hotel is small, 11 rooms I believe, all with private bathrooms. There is a bar located on the ground level which also acts as the check-in area, but it is a pub style bar, very friendly and cozy. My room was small with a nice view, and modern furnishings. The stairwell is steep and there is no lift. Having stayed a few places in Amsterdam, if you want to be in the middle of it all, the Frisco offers a very good value.

What sets this place apart is the friendly staff, I had a chance to have morning coffee as well as a nitetime pint with the owner of this establishment, he (Matt I believe) and all the staff, are outgoing and friendly and great people to spark up a conversation with.
Yes the area can be a bit noisy outside during the evening, but that is part of being central.

After reading some of the negative reviews, I'm not sure what they were expecting? It is a basic hotel, clean, great location, friendly and priced accordingly. Amsterdam is not cheap and this place gives you one of the best values out there

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Amsterdam, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Beware!
They are thieves .... they used my credit card even though I paid them in cash.
Do not recommend you to book a place at this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

The location was great, very close to the red light district and train station so you can walk everywhere which is needed in Amsterdam, and this is budget accommodation so the fact it was ensuite was a plus - however it is a box. No space to even stretch your arms if your standing and you have to climb over the bed to get to the window. The bathroom is also a box, no space for 2 people or to even wash your face comfortably without getting the floor wet.

Also checkout is at 10 - non negotiable, they charge you every house you stay in the room and have someone knocking on the door to kick you out at 10! I'm fine with the paying extra if that's their policy but I don't think a 15 minute grace period at 10 in the morning will greatly hurt their profits!

Still it's central, and for a night or 2 is ideal, and again, it's ensuite which is not easy to find in budget hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
AVENTURA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Loved Frisco Inn! The location, the bar, the rooms & the staff where awesome!
We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Frisco Inn Bar Hotel? Share your experiences!