“Worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sphinx Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sphinx Hotel to your Saves list
Sphinx Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Weteringschans 82, 1017 XR Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #343 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you want to sleep, dont go to this place. My room only had a padlock on the door so it was impossible to lock the door from the inside. Everything is dirty and the pricess are laughably high. Beds are full of brown stains and the rooms are falling apart. The only good thing in this place was the location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked for 13 nights and these were the worst nights of my life. Don't get me wrong, I am from Pakistan and I know what worst means. The staff were very unfriendly, absolute lack of communication skills. Breakfast was poor and the rooms untidy. However, the worst things were the bed bugs; whole lot of them. I left the hotel after 4 nights and shifted to somewhere else. They refused to refund the rest of money for the duration I wasn't going to stay. I developed hypersensitivity to bed bugs bite and had to take steroids for three months with 4 days of work loss.
I would stay in a trash bin but not in this hell hole.

Room Tip: Always read the reviews before you book a hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We picked this "hotel" because of its location and price but after the three worst nights in my live I can say, that it was realy realy expensive stay. There are bed bugs all around the place!! After first night my GF has a lot of bites but we didn't know from what but second night I woke up in the middle of the night and we had bed full of the bugs - that was a seriousely disgusting! Third night it was the same with only difference that we were expecting them. But the worst thing is you can bring this insect to your home and get a rid of that is not easy at all!! So I am a bit paranoic at the moment.
OK, all the rooms are small and dirty as well as the showers. Breakfast is poor also, but everything could be acceptable but not the bugs!

Seriousely guys DO NOT GO THERE!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
liverpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Don't book this place! I did - and cancelled but they still took the money and said I never cancelled!! £300 out of my bank - & now being charged for being in my overdraft & cant afford to feed my daughter!!! No compensation or money given back for their error!

Room Tip: Stay in the street! or the Craft appartments
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sphinx Hotel? Share your experiences!