Absolutely loved my stay in Amsterdam, but the value provided by the Amstelzicht did not quite contribute to this experience. The building itself is authentic and well-kept which gives a good impression. The room we got on the second floor was quit small for two people which suitcases, the staircase is horrendously steep.
The real downsides of this hotel were:
- lack of 24h reception (7am-10pm). We had problems entering the locked front door every time as the magnetic lock was faulty. Had to dial the security person, who was unhelpful and wouldn't let us in straight away.
- no radiator in the bathroom, it was absolutely freezing. We were told by the receptionist to open to the bedroom so it could get warm! After a long discussion we managed to get a heater.
Overall not what you expect for this sort of price.
- Also Known As:
- Amstelzicht Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Amstelzicht is located on the Amstel Canal, in a monumental house dating back from 1659, with more than 350 years of history, hospitality and adventure have gone into crafting today’s experience. Located in the heart of Amsterdam City Centre offers spacious and comfortable rooms. A home for the sophisticated traveller who knows where to experience affordable Amsterdam Comfort, Service and Hospitality. Hotel Amstelzicht is one of the so-called, "three dancing houses". A famous landmark.The characteristic Amsterdam stairway lead up to the rooms and suites which combine historic elements with modern furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Amstelzicht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.