“Dated hotel in a good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Atlanta Hotel

You added Atlanta Hotel to your Saves list
Atlanta Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rembrandtplein 8-10, 1017 CV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #267 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Los Angeles, California
“Dated hotel in a good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights from Monday, June 2 to Wednesday, June 4 at a total cost of 240 euros for the Double deluxe room via booking.com. When we arrived, we had to pay an additional city tax of 5.5%. Breakfast cost an additional 10 euros per person per night, which we didn't bother with.

The hotel is located in Rembrandtplein, which is a nice plaza filled with restaurants and bars and close to public transportation. However, it is also possible to walk it from the main train station if you take a little bit of time.

By upgrading to a deluxe room, we had a slightly larger room with our own private bathroom. Furnishing were REALLY outdated, like something from a museum or something, LOL. We had an enormous gold chandelier hanging from the ceiling. There were wooden beams in the ceiling, so I guess it was kind of cool for the historic, old-school Dutch feel.

They did have some modern touches, such as a flat-screen tv and very good hairdryer in the room.

The bathroom had a tub with jacuzzi, but the whole thing just looked so dated and old that I didn't bother to turn it on. No shower curtain, but the angle of the nozzle aimed it toward the wall, so I didn't spray too much water in the room when showering. Unfortunately, my bf made the whole bathroom wet when he showered, so I dunno what he was doing... :P

I liked the shampoo/body wash dispenser and hand soap dispensers attached to the wall. Convenient. Water pressure was quite weak for the toilet.

No elevator on the premises, so be prepared to carry your luggage up yourselves. We had to go up multiple flights of stairs--even going outdoors at one point--to get to our room.

You have to leave the room key at the front desk when you leave the building, and the reception is open 24 hours.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
Haifa, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were looking for a central location. Knowing the city center is that small we wouldn't have bothered.
The hotel is old but clean. We weren't aware that we booked a room with a shared bathroom which was very disappointing , though turned out to be not as bed as we imagined.
Are room was on the top floor, needless to say no elevator. That can be very challenging after a night out.
Our room was facing the square which was very noisy. A tiny window and very hot ( we were lucky to have sunny weather).

Wifi was bad

It was enough for our needs but I wouldn't book this hotel again
I would go further out of the city center, and find a better deal

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Slave Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Definitely overpriced for the room that I had. I had a single room but it was very small and the shower and toilet were shared with the other guests on the floor. It wasn't dirty but also not the cleanest I have seen. didn't want to pay for the breakfast so I can't comment on that but it was ok for the few nights I was there. Although it would have been nice if the manager at night would have taken people sleeping into consideration and asked the loud group of girls that came in around 3 am and woke me up to be quiet. The walls are very thin.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed here with a friend for a sight-seeing/party break.

We had a basic double room with a chandelier, massive TV but a shared toilet/shower. The facilities were clean, basic but location was amazing (close by to must see sights, clubs, bars and restaurants).

Staff gave great advice on both tourist trail and nightlife. Would recommend as long as you're not expecting 5* luxury.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

It is the worst hotel ever... It is the only bad thing in Amsterdam...

1. It is very dirty and smelly... I asked them several times to change my bed sheet and pillow covers but they ignored me. They have never cleaned the room.
2. Very conservative owners... You are not allowed to get guests after 12.. They are not friendly on this manner.
3. Very expensive... compared to other hotels in the area.
4. The location is nice.

My recommendation not to stay in it ..

Have a nice holiday

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is in a very convenient, central location in Rembrandt Square. The staff I encountered was very friendly and helpful, contrary to some of the reports on here. I had originally booked this hotel as it was a three star and reasonably priced only to find out after I had prepaid that the bathrooms are shared. I was given room 36 which was a single room with a sink and mini bar. Although the room was towards the back of the property, you could still hear a lot of noise at night from the partygoers well into the night. The TV had channels from many countries and the Wi-Fi was very good. The room was adequately cleaned and serviced every day. The room itself for single deserves three stars. However the shared bathrooms I would not do again. Be sure to book a room with bathrooms before you pay!

Room Tip: It is difficult to say which room would be better than the other as it is in a very loud place at ni...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The pro- location in Rembrandt square. However, everything is close in Amsterdam so a little walk is worth avoiding this place. They held our luggage.

The Cons- 2 of the receptionists were nice but the other two were not. The towels were dirty. The shower was small. The bed was two twins attached to each other but a dip in the middle where they attached. Charged for every little thing. There was hair in the bathtub. The night club was noisy. The stairs are steep. Hard to walk up.

*you have to hand in your key everything you leave your room* they know when you come and go. The safe worked but Very sketchy.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!