“Convenient and satisfactory” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Atlanta Hotel

You added Atlanta Hotel to your Saves list
Atlanta Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rembrandtplein 8-10, 1017 CV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #265 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Convenient and satisfactory”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is in a very convenient, central location in Rembrandt Square. The staff I encountered was very friendly and helpful, contrary to some of the reports on here. I had originally booked this hotel as it was a three star and reasonably priced only to find out after I had prepaid that the bathrooms are shared. I was given room 36 which was a single room with a sink and mini bar. Although the room was towards the back of the property, you could still hear a lot of noise at night from the partygoers well into the night. The TV had channels from many countries and the Wi-Fi was very good. The room was adequately cleaned and serviced every day. The room itself for single deserves three stars. However the shared bathrooms I would not do again. Be sure to book a room with bathrooms before you pay!

Room Tip: It is difficult to say which room would be better than the other as it is in a very loud place at ni...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The pro- location in Rembrandt square. However, everything is close in Amsterdam so a little walk is worth avoiding this place. They held our luggage.

The Cons- 2 of the receptionists were nice but the other two were not. The towels were dirty. The shower was small. The bed was two twins attached to each other but a dip in the middle where they attached. Charged for every little thing. There was hair in the bathtub. The night club was noisy. The stairs are steep. Hard to walk up.

*you have to hand in your key everything you leave your room* they know when you come and go. The safe worked but Very sketchy.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

For the amount of $ we paid, I was very disappointed.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The staff were very pleasant and the location was convinient, however, for the price I would expect cleaner, better rooms. The breakfast was also disappointing and wifi came and went. Overall, I think one could find a better place near the same location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here in Sept. 2012. I found the front desk staff unfriendly. The room was very clean and the bathrooms were mostly clean. WiFi worked everywhere. It was quite loud, but it's the Rembrandtplein. There are a lot of stairs.
I booked a room again this year for the fall. I booked longer than I needed because I was not sure of my dates. When I went to change my booking, the agent told me that the price would change because I was shortening my stay. She suggested I contact the hotel directly. I sent emails and have received no reply in a week. Very poor customer service, especially for someone who has stayed there before and might have been inclined to do so again.
I have booked another hotel. Atlanta will get no more business from me or mine. Customer service is important and if you can't even be bothered to return an email.........

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

On saturday and sunday night at about 4 in the morning a disco nearby started very loud music, it was only for an hour or so, but very annoying. We had a very pleasant stay, the staff is very nice and the room was clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed at this Hotel from 1st-4th April.

Location: Perfect as it is central to all the main visitor attractions in Amsterdam. Situated on Rembrandt Square you could enjoy a relaxing drink or pop across to Starbucks. There is even a cafe called "Smokeys" on the Square, if thats what you are in to ....

Room: We paid extra so that we did not have to share a bathroom. The bathroom had an awful smell coming from the pipes. The room was basic and clean. It wasn't lavish but was a good base to come back to in the evenings to freshen up before heading out for dinner. We pretty much only used the room to have showers and sleep in. After booking this Hotel we read reviews on Trip Advisor about someones money going missing from their safe. As a result we thought there was no point hiring a safe if people have access to it. We left our money and passports in the room for the four days and are relieved to report that it was left untouched. We had a room overlooking the front of the Hotel. We (thankfully) didnt have the same pigeon problems that some others had but our room was directly above the Irish bar on Rembrandt Square. Some nights the noise woke me up...but I am a light sleeper and the double glazing kept most of the noise out. Our towels were changed daily.

Staff: Any discussions with staff were always. They answered all questions.

Price: Hotel is a good price considering everything/ everywhere in Amsterdam is quite expensive.

Overall: If you are booking a short break you do not want to spend a fortune on a hotel when you will never be in it. I would probably book this Hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel look out onto the Square. They have spikes on the window ledges to s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!