“Excellent Boutique” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Roemer

You added Hotel Roemer to your Saves list
Hotel Roemer
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roemer Visscherstraat 8-10, 1054 EX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #61 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Boutique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

This hotel is a gem! The executive room we stayed in absolutely lovely - the jacuzzi bath was just what we needed after touring the city for 5 hours. It is also true that no extras are added to the bill. Great location!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Stayed at the Roemer to celebrate 10/10/10! Shuttle bus from Schipol dropped us off at the Hotel for 15 euros each which is a very good deal. Staff were very helpful with every question and demands and were always friendly. We were given the basement room which at first we thought was going to be awful, but the room was really nice. We had two windows (which did not open) but very efficient air conditioning. The bed was huge and the room included a TV, DVD and Ipod docking station with speakers which was a bonus! The bathroom also was fabulous with a twin shower, jacuzzi bath and TV. One of the best touches was the bottles of Whisky, Gin and Vodka with just enough in each for a couple of glasses which I thought was a great idea. The coffee machine was also a top notch tassimo type with a wide variety of coffee cartridges with others available from reception.

One evening when we came back to the hotel we went to the bar and noticed nobody was serving, that was because you basically help yourself, so I had a vodka coke and my partner had a lovely glass of wine. I think the whole experience has been very enjoyable and if I am ever visiting Amsterdam again, I hope that I get to stay at the Roemer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

We enjoyed staying in this little hotel and would definitely stay here again. However, some of the rooms are not great (in the basement) so please be aware of this when you book a room. Breakfast could have been better. Even I can do poach eggs better! Several things on the menu were also not available. Room service was very good!

Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

This hotel is great. I travelled with my partner and his parents and as a group we didn't have single bad thing to say.

Firstly, our room was lovely - comfy beds, 3 tvs, jacuzzi bath and rain shower, artwork on the walls, not to mention the free mini-bar which contained beer, soft drinks and nuts, there was also vodka, gin and whisky in decanters. The Nespresso coffee machine in the room was a treat too - really good proper coffee.

The staff were really friendly and helpful for our whole stay, the rooms were also cleaned every day. The breakfast was lovely - fruit, yoghurts, cereals, bacon, sausage and a special breakfast menu.

The outside garden was an added bonus, really calm and peaceful.

Location excellent - it's on a quiet street just off Leidesplein :-)

We had an excellent stay for our 3 nights and this will always be our first choice of stay for any future visits to Amsterdam!

La Réunion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

A great balance between contemporary decoration and homely atmosphere. Situated right in the heart of Amsterdam but in a very quiet street. The space around hte fire place would certainly need to be experienced around Xmas!!!
Discreet and efficient staff. Maybe some more smiles at the front desk wouldn't hurt but....nothing really to worry about. A pity too that WIFI is so expensive from the room though it's free from THEIR computer next to reception.
When I get back to Amsterdam I will most probably stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

This is a very nice hotel, in a quiet street, but not far from the interesting places.
We booked the junior suite, a spacious but not huge room in the top (3rd) floor. I thad 3 (albeit small) TV's, a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi (one of the TV's was here) and a very nice shower. Wireless internet was available for €6 for 24 hours, I think.
All the good things you can read about this hotel in Tripadvisor are true, so I'm just going to mention a few quirks, so they can improve (I wrote the same thing on their survey).
The interiors of the wardrobes, and some of the ornaments were very dusty.
The bathroom floor had feet marks on it, as the sink had soap marks on it. I think that probably this kind of marble is difficult to clean, but this is not an excuse to leave it stained.
The breakfast was good, but I ordered fried eggs, and one of the eggs was broken (had its yolk mixed with the white). I good chef would have discarded this eggs and prepared new ones. The second day I was served perfect fried eggs.
I ordered rosti (potatos, it was in the menu). The first day they said they ran out of it. Fair enough. But the second day they told me that rosti was actually toast, and that I could have it from the buffet. Nonsense.
Free minibar was included in my room, but the second day they didn't restock it, so I had to ask for it twice, and the drinks were warm when they finally arrived.

Obviously these are minor things and they would not stop me from coming back if I have the chance. I would recommend this hotel to everynoe.

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

We booke dthe vondel hotel, but were upgraded to the Hotel Roemer. Thse two hotels are located in close proximity to each other. The location is fantastic, with a nearby tram stop, and easy walking distance to the Van Gogh Museum, Heineken brewery, canal boat tour stop, and Vondel Park. It was nice to be a little off the heavily travelled streets, but easy walking distance to everything.

Clean, modern rooms, with an excellent concierge.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Roemer? Share your experiences!