“Absolutely fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Roemer

Save Saved
You added Hotel Roemer to your Saves list
Hotel Roemer
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roemer Visscherstraat 8-10, 1054 EX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #79 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Edinburgh
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

We spent a weekend at the hotel to celebrate my fiance's birthday. The room was lovely with an extremely comfortable and enormous bed! We had a balcony overlooking the hotel's garden which was peaceful and pretty. The hotel is about 30 minutes by taxi from the airport and close to the Vondel Park and to the museum area and Amstrdam's "Bond Street" It is small and very individual with a welcoming atmosphere and very helpful staff, who assisted us with a very good restaurant for Saturday night's dinner.

We plan to go back and stay there on our honeymoon, so can't give much higher praise than that!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Roemer last year for our first trip to Amsterdam and it is only now on returning from a bad stay with another hotel in Amsterdam that I realised I should have written a great review for this hotel on my return last year! Hotel Roemer is perfect for people who like to stay in the far less tourist specific areas - the hotel is in a really lovely part of Amsterdam, but a easy, short walk to the main centre, shopping (which is awesome), restaurants and sites. Amsterdam really is a very pretty city and staying with the Hotel Roemer will enhance any trip - with fabulous staff, generous and well styled rooms, the inviting guest bar and outdoor terrace area is a very nice touch! We will definatley be back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We really enjoyed our 3 night stay at the Roemer. Extremely close to Vondel Park, the major museums, the Leidsplein, good resturants and great shopping. The rooms were quiet and very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious! The staff was very helpful and gave us great tips on what to do. The front desk arranged a boat rental for us and gave us directions to just about everyplace we wanted to visit. Another bonus are the in house Vespa and bike rentals which every guest should take advantage of!
DEFINATELY A GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN A LOVELY CITY WITH THE FRIENDLIEST PEOPLE WE HAVE EVER MET TRAVELING!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I have been meaning to write a review since our stay in November 2009. My husband and I were on our honeymoon and we booked 3 nights at Hotel Vondel (sister property). Upon arrival, we were early so our room was not ready. We walked into for a couple of hours, had lunch only to return and discover we were upgraded to a junior suite at Hotel Roemer, located around the corner.

The front desk manager personally walked us over to the hotel and we were impressed. Granted, Hotel Vondel looked wonderful as well, but Roemer was definitely a step above. When we were shown to our room, we were just in awe. While smaller than most hotel rooms (this is Europe), the room was one of the most modern and luxurious rooms I've stayed in. The bathroom was amazing with a wonderful shower and jet tub, we also had a balcony which would would have liked to enjoyed if it weren't so cold Considering we booked Hotel Vondel for $149 a night, we could not have been more pleased.

The staff was very helpful. There is a computer in the lobby to use for free and even a bar. The only complaint is the breakfast buffet. It looked wonderful but, if I remember correctly, the cost was outrageous, something like $50 dollars per person - I've paid less than that at the Ritz Carlton in Singapore. However, I'm not going to go on a rant about such a minor thing - I'd rather enjoyed the pancakes at one of the many pancake houses in Amsterdam.

The hotel is a little walk from the city center but it truly is not that bad. Staying at Hotel Roemer made me feel like I was a local - and truly, Amsterdam is so small, you're not too far from anything.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

We stayed one evening at Hotel Roemer after two nights at Fusion Suites. HR was very clean and pleasant. The staff were helpful and were responsive to requests. The bar in the room was great and the junior suite was very nice on the 3rd floor.

After Fusion, it was a let down though because of the smaller room size and less than friendly service we appreciated at FS. The coffee maker in the room at HR was great and we are looking for one in Alaska now.

Overall the location can't be beat for Amsterdam, quiet and safe, but a quick walk the shopping, museums and nightlife. Parking sucks if you have a car, but you shouldn't have a car in Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

We decided to take a wee break to Amsterdam for out Honeymoon, and I loved the look of the Hotel Roemer straight away.
I certainly was not disappointed. The immediate impression of the hotel was just amazing, it's gorgeous.
The staff just bent over backwards to please, they are so friendly & polite.
I absolutely loved my stay here & will be booking again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
foreman41
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

Let me start by saying I would stay here again I did like the Hotel a lot BUT my room was in the basement and although quite big for european standards (Huge bathroom big jacuzzi and double rain showers) the fact you are in the what was the cellar made the views out as you can quess a little limiting.
It was an Executive room number 15 but being below ground and right under the hotel reception made it quite noisey at times, if I stay there again I would ask for an upper floor room for sure. The location is great, shops and resturants are all walking distance, but the centre of the city is about 25 min walk away which to my mind is no big deal you see so much more when you walk. The tram stop anyway is only a block away. The staff where very helpful friendly and I liked the free drinks and snacks. I did think it a little over priced but thats Amsterdam I guess. Overall I enjoyed my two night stay a the Hotel but next time I would get a upper floor room for sure.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Roemer? Share your experiences!