“Great Hoyle great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Roemer

You added Hotel Roemer to your Saves list
Hotel Roemer
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roemer Visscherstraat 8-10, 1054 EX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #69 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
merseyside
“Great Hoyle great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great little hotel close to the main sights and attractions of Amsterdam. I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights in June and it was a lovely break. A really pleasant boutique hotel.
Comfortable rooms and bed with nespresso machine.
Really helpful staff and a great location at a great price. Would recommend and also would stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Chantalpearse,

Thank you so much for your visit to Amsterdam and your stay with us in Hotel Roemer. We also really appreciate it that you shared your comments on this website. What else than comfortable rooms, a good cup of coffee and friendly people would you wish for on a city trip to the great city of Amsterdam!

We all look forward to welcome you back on your next trip!

Youp Bimbergen – Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed here last year for a two night, late-planned visit to Amsterdam.
The staff were everything you could ask for, welcoming, friendly, polite and ever so helpful.
Located close the beautiful
Vondelpark within the museum district and indeed perfectly situated for our visit to see everything Amsterdam has to offer.
The hotel is spotlessly clean, the beds comfy, and the service impeccable.
Enjoyed our stay last time, we are now heading there again tomorrow for a longer city break as there's so much to see and do in Amsterdam.
Will provide an up to date review on our return!

Stayed August 2013
Dear PeteJWilson,

I am grateful for your praising words on your previous stay and thank you for taking some time to share them. In the meanwhile a return visit was paid if I am correct and I do hope you had a comfortable stay with us again!

I hope to be able to welcome you again in Amsterdam personally on your future visit, please reach out to me in case I can be of any particular service.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights and appreciated the excellent service, the great location, and our very comfortable and well-furnished room. Staff were outstanding -- everyone from the front desk staff to the breakfast workers and the cleaners went out of their way to be friendly, helpful and thoughtful. Front desk staff remembered our names and requests and made sure that when shifts changed the new person coming on was well informed. Breakfast was very good, with lots of options served in the pleasant lobby area, and when we returned from our adventures in the afternoons there was a nice selection of fruits, pastries and hot and cold drinks awaiting us. On the day we arrived, my husband fell and had some minor injuries that needed care. Maren quickly got out her first aid kit and very skillfully attended to his needs while being gentle and thoughtful, and then gave us croissants and coffee and helped us both calm down. We were given great restaurant recommendations and directions to the places we wanted to go. The front desk staff gave us a discount coupon for the Blue Boats, and we were able to buy advance tickets there for the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum, saving us from having to wait in long lines. Hotel Roemer was all we could have asked for and more!

Room Tip: Junior Suite on the third floor was very roomy, comfortable and well-equipped.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Kurseni,
Many thanks for staying in Hotel Roemer and sharing your positive words with the online travel community on Tripadvisor. It was great to have you as our guest on your Amsterdam trip recently.

I am honored to learn that you truly value our eye for detail and personal attention and will definitely share your review within our teams, since it serves as a great motivational tool for all of us.

Whenever planning a future visit to Amsterdam for yourself or any of your friends or relatives, please contact me personally so I can make the proper arrangements.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Lovely hotel in a quiet neighborhood, but close to tourist attractions, shopping, museums, and Vondel Park. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. We had a superior room which was large enough, but had furniture that was too big for the room, so getting around the bed was difficult. The bathroom was quite modern, but highly dysfunctional. The sink was too shallow to was your face and the shower stall was tiny. There were no instructions about how to use the jacuzzi tub, so we soaked the bathroom with the spray nozzle when we turned on the water. The cleaning staff were not friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Delightful to sit after a day of walking/biking.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Thebeejer,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to our hotel and the time you took to share your experiences on this website, this is much appreciated. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and specifically value the friendliness of our reception staff but will definitely consider your comments with regards to the room & bathroom layout and instructions on how to use the jacuzzi. Needless to say I expect all our staff to be friendly and helpful, as you may too, and will take this up with the responsible department head.

I hope to be able to welcome you once more in the hotel when staying in Amsterdam, please reach out to me personally if I can be of any particular assistance.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Nice comfy clean executive room in a hotel tucked away in a quiet little street just outside the Canal belt of Amsterdam. The room itself was quite large with a very comfy king size bed and a spa bath. It is quite modern, well furnished with all the mod cons including free Wifi in rooms and represented great value, with the rate we paid less then other hotels I looked at and less then what I expected to pay(we booked the day before checking in and stayed mid week). I wouldn't say all the staff were overly helpful, not rude but maybe just uninterested, but if you are looking for somewhere quiet to stay in Amsterdam I would recommend you give it a go

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Daniel R,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Roemer as your preferred place to stay and share some thoughts online with fellow travelers. I value your comments with regards to the comfort and price/value of the room off course, I regret the fact that not all staff members were able to meet nor exceed your expectations though, this is not the way we envisage a visit to our hotel.
I hope I will personally have a chance to welcome you back in Amsterdam and show our passion for hospitality, please reach out to me directly if I can be of any particular assistance.

Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Hotel Roemer is a relatively small (about 20 room) hotel near the Leidseplein and the museum district. It's tucked away behind the (much larger) Marriott on a side street, so there's not much outside noise. The hotel is in two converted townhomes, which means that some things are a bit cramped, like the stairs (there is an elevator, though).

The room is very well furnished: modern, good amenities, and very clean. The bathroom is modern as well, though the drain for keeping the water in the shower didn't work that well. The bed was very comfortable.

The biggest negative was that the room was small, even by European standards. The bed (supposedly a queen, but perhaps a double) had about 50-60 cm clearance on *both* sides, making it difficult for me (a tall man) to get in and out. There wasn't much other usable space in the room, and no sitting chair, only a desk chair. The staff offered to let me switch after the second (of three) nights, but I'd need to have packed up and unpacked - not worth it. The hotel has free wifi, but you need to get a (free) code each day for each device, which is a bit of a pain.

My rate was somewhat high, even for Amsterdam, and didn't include breakfast, though others I talked to said that this was due to some of the specific dates on which I stayed - I don't doubt it, since many hotels were full when I looked for a room.

I'd definitely stay again - the hotel would be great for a couples' vacation or another business trip to Amsterdam. However, make sure you get one of the larger rooms; I apparently had the "cozy" room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Santacruzer_95060,

Thank you very much for your visit to Hotel Roemer and taking some of your valuable time to share some of your thoughts online. I appreciate your praising words with regards to the hotel and its location in general, and do have to agree that the room you stayed is a rather cozy one with a queen size bed. I will definitely look into your comment with regards to the drain of the shower, whether its functionality or its layout is up to standards; needless to say feedback like yours is extremely valuable to us in order to look into critical improvement points in our service and organization.

Again, many thanks for your visit, be sure to personally contact me when planning a future visit so I can look after your booking myself.

Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Everything about our 2 night stay was perfect.
Our arrival was greeted by very pleasant and helpful staff.
The room was quiet and very well equipped.
Breakfast was good. We enjoyed the omelets and pancakes.
We enjoyed sitting outside in the courtyard.
The staff could not have been more helpful in planning our days in Amsterdam.
The location was quiet and very handy to the museums.
The staff helped us plan our onward journey to France.
We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Abbie32,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and the time you took to share your thoughts online; we truly value the feedback of our guests. I am very pleased to notice that you describe your stay with us as ‘perfect’, this is the experience we envisage for our guests!

Please contact me directly in case I can be of assistance when planning a return visit, I look forward to welcome you back in the hotel.

Youp Bimbergen – Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Roemer? Share your experiences!