“Comfy Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Roemer

Save Saved
You added Hotel Roemer to your Saves list
Hotel Roemer
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roemer Visscherstraat 8-10, 1054 EX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #64 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Melbourne, Australia
“Comfy Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Nice comfy clean executive room in a hotel tucked away in a quiet little street just outside the Canal belt of Amsterdam. The room itself was quite large with a very comfy king size bed and a spa bath. It is quite modern, well furnished with all the mod cons including free Wifi in rooms and represented great value, with the rate we paid less then other hotels I looked at and less then what I expected to pay(we booked the day before checking in and stayed mid week). I wouldn't say all the staff were overly helpful, not rude but maybe just uninterested, but if you are looking for somewhere quiet to stay in Amsterdam I would recommend you give it a go

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Daniel R,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Roemer as your preferred place to stay and share some thoughts online with fellow travelers. I value your comments with regards to the comfort and price/value of the room off course, I regret the fact that not all staff members were able to meet nor exceed your expectations though, this is not the way we envisage a visit to our hotel.
I hope I will personally have a chance to welcome you back in Amsterdam and show our passion for hospitality, please reach out to me directly if I can be of any particular assistance.

Youp Bimbergen – Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Hotel Roemer is a relatively small (about 20 room) hotel near the Leidseplein and the museum district. It's tucked away behind the (much larger) Marriott on a side street, so there's not much outside noise. The hotel is in two converted townhomes, which means that some things are a bit cramped, like the stairs (there is an elevator, though).

The room is very well furnished: modern, good amenities, and very clean. The bathroom is modern as well, though the drain for keeping the water in the shower didn't work that well. The bed was very comfortable.

The biggest negative was that the room was small, even by European standards. The bed (supposedly a queen, but perhaps a double) had about 50-60 cm clearance on *both* sides, making it difficult for me (a tall man) to get in and out. There wasn't much other usable space in the room, and no sitting chair, only a desk chair. The staff offered to let me switch after the second (of three) nights, but I'd need to have packed up and unpacked - not worth it. The hotel has free wifi, but you need to get a (free) code each day for each device, which is a bit of a pain.

My rate was somewhat high, even for Amsterdam, and didn't include breakfast, though others I talked to said that this was due to some of the specific dates on which I stayed - I don't doubt it, since many hotels were full when I looked for a room.

I'd definitely stay again - the hotel would be great for a couples' vacation or another business trip to Amsterdam. However, make sure you get one of the larger rooms; I apparently had the "cozy" room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Santacruzer_95060,

Thank you very much for your visit to Hotel Roemer and taking some of your valuable time to share some of your thoughts online. I appreciate your praising words with regards to the hotel and its location in general, and do have to agree that the room you stayed is a rather cozy one with a queen size bed. I will definitely look into your comment with regards to the drain of the shower, whether its functionality or its layout is up to standards; needless to say feedback like yours is extremely valuable to us in order to look into critical improvement points in our service and organization.

Again, many thanks for your visit, be sure to personally contact me when planning a future visit so I can look after your booking myself.

Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Everything about our 2 night stay was perfect.
Our arrival was greeted by very pleasant and helpful staff.
The room was quiet and very well equipped.
Breakfast was good. We enjoyed the omelets and pancakes.
We enjoyed sitting outside in the courtyard.
The staff could not have been more helpful in planning our days in Amsterdam.
The location was quiet and very handy to the museums.
The staff helped us plan our onward journey to France.
We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Abbie32,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and the time you took to share your thoughts online; we truly value the feedback of our guests. I am very pleased to notice that you describe your stay with us as ‘perfect’, this is the experience we envisage for our guests!

Please contact me directly in case I can be of assistance when planning a return visit, I look forward to welcome you back in the hotel.

south wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded to a basement executive room and were more than happy! Plenty of room, a walk in wardrobe, double shower, double sinks and a fantastic jacuzzi bath. The French doors also opened onto a lovely landscaped garden at the rear of the property. There's free wifi and a lovely espresso machine, the only (small) negative I'd give was the bed - although very comfortable, it consisted of two mattresses pushed together. But this was a minor point.

Location wise it's a two minute walk to Vondel Park and the museums and a five minute walk in the opposite direction to Leidensplatz. The staff were very friendly and helpful, even lending my wife a brolly when it started raining.

This is a great little hotel, definitely one we'll look to use again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ell33,

I appreciate the time you spent to write this positive note on your recent stay with us, thank you for that. Needless to say I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; an upgrade to one of our spacious rooms in the basement surely is a treat! Please know that the hotel also features king-size bedded rooms with one mattresses instead of two separates.

I am proud that we were a part of your positive experience during your visit to our city and sure hope to welcome you back in the future.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Lovely place to stay with high prices. Rooms are good full of modern art, magazines and perfect coffee. But don't try breakfast for 20 euro: it's really poor and nothing interesting to try. Location is really good: 7 minutes to Museum quarter and 12 minutes to Dam square. Very quiet and clean neighborhood.

Room Tip: Ask about big rooms with new good windows
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear AmericaEuropa,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and taking some time to post your travel experiences on Tripadvisor.com; this is much appreciated. I am proud to learn you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that you particularly value our rooms and location.

I am sad to see though that our breakfast facilities were not completely up to your expectations, rest assured that your feedback will be used in the ongoing process of improving our products & services and therefor is really valuable.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in Amsterdam someday.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We booked through Expedia and were pleased to be told we'd been upgraded on arrival to an "executive" room on the lower ground floor (basement level.) The room was large and the bathroom was the star - with a jacuzzi tub, double shower and a small bathroom television, which was a first for us! The room's location on the lower ground floor did mean that the windows opened into light wells covered by glass, such that if you leaned out the window you could see people walking by. We didn't feel that anyone could see into the room, however, so it was fine, but a little strange. The bed was comfortable and the staff were really helpful in providing directions, recommendations for nearby food and activities and calling us a taxi when we left. I would recommend it as very convenient to transport links and museums as well.

Room Tip: We found the windows on the lower ground floor/basement to be a bit odd, but others may not be bothe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_VH, Hotel Manager at Hotel Roemer, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear AJS_travell,

It is a pleasure to learn that we were able to be a part of your comfortable Amsterdam-trip last month; thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. Although at first it may seem a bit odd to stay in a room on the ground floor indeed, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the size of the room and the features of the bathrooms in our executives rooms.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in Amsterdam on your next trip, please be sure to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had one of the Executive rooms on the ground floor-bought on a Voyage Prive deal. Travelled at the end of Febuary-the location is ideal, because the street is realtivley quiet, a residentila area with some lovely large houses, larger than normal in Amsterdam!
Just a short 5min walk from the busy Lieden platz, and near the Canal, and all the best Museums, as well as Vondel Park. Very near all the trams, which we got about all over Amsterdam! Never had to wait for long
The Hotel was clean and comfortable with a good Breakfast we were welcome with a voucher for some drinks. The room was very comfortable and modern, the bathroom was the showcase, but I never got used to all the taps! Jacuzzi style bath, great light up shaving mirror-plenty of room for everything. Free Wi-Fi- and nice real fire in the intimate seating area near the bar-The staff were Friendly, helpful and informative. Would I stay there again? Ja!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 16, it was fine for us!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Harlow1954,

Thank you very much for your kind words & your stay with us in February. I really appreciate it that you spent some of your time to share your thoughts with fellow travelers. Needless to say, I can only agree on the pros of the hotel you mentioned in your comments.

Thank you for specifically mentioning our staff and friendly, I will certainly share this with the team.

We definitely look forward to welcome you back in Amsterdam some day, please reach out to me in case I can assist when planning a future stay.

Youp Bimbergen – Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Roemer? Share your experiences!