“fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Roemer

Save Saved
You added Hotel Roemer to your Saves list
Hotel Roemer
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roemer Visscherstraat 8-10, Amsterdam 1054 EX, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #82 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
Catania, Italy
“fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been in Amsterdam in the middle of July, and I have stayed in Hotel Roemer for three days. It is a fantastic hotel in a wonderful position next to Van Giìogh museum and non really far from Dam Square. I suggest rooms on the garden side because they are really quite and silent. Nice and complete breakfast. Desk staff really gentle and helpful: they suggest me some great restaurant and place to visit. I do suggest you.

Room Tip: I stayed at a large room in garden side of the hotel. My room was in the underground at it was reall...

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Had booked and paid for the other cheaper hotel from the Vondel chain and got an upgrade for free!!! Staff from this chain are very friendly and will get out of their way to help you.
Location was the best, close to the museums, close to the Vondel Park, close to the canal and a relaxing neighborhood. I just looooved the bed at this hotel. Sooo comfortable.
Wifi at the hotel is charged - 8 euros, but we used it for 4 days and got it as a compliment!!!

• Stayed July 2013
liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Have just returned from our fourth visit to Amsterdam after a very enjoyable time. We had booked for the Vongel Hotel, ( basic double) but for some reason we were given the junior suit in the sister hotel the Roemer. We always stay in this area, away from the noise but handy for everything.
The hotel was very nice, clean, plenty of hot water, lots of choice for breakfast ( I suggest that a previous reviewer did not notice the card on the tables that gave a varied list of food that could be cooked to order) staff pleasant.
The hotels in this area are old Amsterdam houses, so therefore you will not get large, made to order rooms. You will get various sized, and odd shaped ones. Also, show me a hotel in Amsterdam that do not have mice! I think it is something that goes with the city. We have stayed in a modern, four star hotel that had mice.
If you are young and want to "party" the area is a bit out of your way and not suitable. But if like ourselves you stay away from the main drag, and want easy access to places to eat, have a drink, visit the museums, walk around the park, markets, and all the little side streets, this area and the hotels here are suitable.
Would stay at the Roemer again, and recommend it.
Must be my age, but I'm not bothered about the internet when I am on holiday!

Room Tip: Go for a junior suit, room 31. As always, the higher up you are, the quieter it is.
Palmetto, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very nice hotel, room was clean and modern and bathroom was reasonably spacious for Europe. Good location near canal cruises, shops and restaurants. Bit of a walk to the red light district if thats what you're after but Amsterdam is small, so not really a problem. Would definitely stay again.

Wellingborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a lovely short break in this delightful, casual city. Th e Museums are excellent and our hotel although nearby was quiet and peaceful with helpful friendly staff. Some first class restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist to take you round then you can choose one you like.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a boutique hotel in a great location. Standard, small European style rooms, which doesn't bother us because we don't spend much time in the room while on vacation anyway. It is situated on a charming, quiet street, just a block or two away from all the action, which made it the perfect location for exploring the city. Our room was clean and the only reason I didn't give this hotel a better rating is the bathroom. As many people mentioned, the sink is awkward. I could live with that, but the shower never got warm. I'm not saying it didn't get steamy and hot. I'm saying I froze my butt off every time I showered. My husband thought maybe the water was being locally heated by an element in the shower itself. I'm not sure about that, but I really would have enjoyed a warm shower.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 25. It was small, but adequate for two people. I would not want to stay on the gro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a Boutique Hotel "wannabe"! I understand that old buildings in Amsterdam have small rooms, but you don't have to cramp it up with furniture!!!! I've stayed in Amsterdam for 7 nights at this hotel and although it looks good, the room were too small for all the furniture in it. They had three Flat screen TV's (two were the size of iPads) and weirdly located. Besides that they were all old Phillips PLASMA TV not the new LRD ones, and the big one was so far away from the bed that one need binoculars. The hotel is very well located and almost all the staff friendly, but that is ok. I had breakfast at the hotel once, it was fair, but unfortunately on the last day I bumped into a mice crossing the main living room. The clerk that was on duty told me that rats are common in Amsterdam because of the canals, but I'm sure, and that they had recently had gotten ridden of Mr. Jenkings (apparently a friendly rat). Well as it probably turned out Mr. Jenkins was a Mrs Jenkings and next come her off springs! The bathroom was good but the sink was too small (ridiculously shallow) for the size of the bathroom and the shower doors were a joke. in a "Far-west saloon"style, they would never in a million years keep water from wetting the whole floor (hence the damaged door). This hotel is one of the VONDEL chain which by the way has another on the corner, called the VONDEL HOTEL! This one is a little more expensive, and a little fancier. tip: Avoid their restaurant the JOOST sucks! The pasta I ate was over cooked and the twirling waiter/maitre was a little bit too much. There are MUCH, MUCH better restaurants in Amsterdam, and I'm sure hotels for that matter.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Roemer? Share your experiences!