I stayed in this hotel because of a winning bid on Priceline, so that really colors my perspective. For the price I paid, this was a steal and an excellent value.
I arrived early and they offered me a smoking room which was great! I thought those were extinct. I'm under the impression that the 3rd floor is smoking rooms. The room was small by American standards, but not too small for comfort. The room is dark, with dark wood flooring and dark furniture, so it becomes a little "cave-like" if you don't have much of a view. Not sure if I got the "Priceline Room" but my window looked out into an office building across an alley way.
The bed was a true queen size and very comfortable, bathroom was also small but modern and very clean. The Bath/Shower was great, but is rather high up from the floor, so getting out of it is tricky if you are all wet.
Because I got the room on priceline, I didn't get any extras with the room, such as breakfast or internet access and the hotel seems to charge alot for these extras. Even the gym was extra. (The gym was more of a fitness room and not really a gym, to be charged admittance for this is just plain silly greed. I went to a real Gym a few blocks away Splash Fitness, and for the same price got all the amenities that a real gym offers.) Internet access is similarly priced restrictively, so most days I went to a restaurant with free wifi and my laptop.
They have 2 restaurants and a bar, again, priced out of whack with neighboring bars and restaurants, so saw no need to try them when the liedersplein is just a minute away. (Also in 5 days I never saw anyone actually eat or drink there).
The front desk people were fine and mostly helpful, although they did lead me astray on some public transport intructions. Maid service was excellent and honored my do not disturb sign. (Even when I didn't wake up until 2:30pm the first day! They came in after they were sure I was gone).
The location is excellent for visiting the Museumplein, VondelPark, The leidersplein, Rembrentplein and tram service is just outside the front entrance.
I think if I had paid the normal rate for this place I would be very very dissappointed with the level of amenities and service, but if you can get this hotel at a Priceline bid rate, you will have yourself a great bargain.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Amsterdam Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Nh Amsterdam Centre Hotel
- Nh Hotels Amsterdam
- Nh Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious four-star NH Amsterdam Centre hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Amsterdam. at It is right across from the lively Leidse Square in the fashion and museum district, an area brimming with entertainment, dining and nightlife options. Amsterdam’s characteristic canals and the city’s top museums are just a short stroll from the hotel, as is the exclusive “PC Hooft” shopping street and the Vondelpark, a sprawling urban green space. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Heineken Brewery and the world famous Rijksmuseum, featuring a slew of Dutch masterpieces, including Rembrandt's "The Night Watch". The Museumsquare, home to several museums including the Van Gogh Museum, is just a ten-minute walk away from the NH Amsterdam Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, HotelsNL, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your NH Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.