I really don't understand where all the bad/mediocre reviews are coming from, before I visited this hotel I was looking on here thinking "what have I done!"
However I was pleasantly surprised when I had an excellent 2 nights stay in this hotel.
The bedroom was spotless, and a decent size! (maybe this is because I'm english?!)
The whole place is very modern, and this nonsense about dirty carpets in the hallways, I had a good look and they are barely noticeable!!!
The bed itself was really nice and soft but not too soft
The only small complaint I do have is there seemed to be some ants around the desk area but nothing to bother us too much.
When we checked in they tried to offer us breakfast which was quite expensive and you can get a great breakfast 2 minute walk away in Leidseplein square for cheap.
They also offered us to upgrade to a better room with a "view of the road", which we declined.
We then went to our room which had a view of the road anyway!!
The wifi personally didn't work for me but my boyfriend got his working fine for 24 hours.
The location is perfect, Leidseplein is a great spot to stay in Amsterdam as it is around 15 minute walk away from Red Light District and a 2 minute walk away from the Leidseplein square and Vondelpark which is a lovely place to visit night or day.
However, The italian restaurant in the hotel is a waste of time and far too expensive. I had a horrible lasagne that was made without tomato sauce, was dry, burnt, and had different fillings to what it said on the menu.
Dizzee Rascal was checking in just as we were checking out!
All in all would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Amsterdam Centre Hotel
- Nh Amsterdam Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Nh Hotels Amsterdam
- Nh Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious four-star NH Amsterdam Centre hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Amsterdam. at It is right across from the lively Leidse Square in the fashion and museum district, an area brimming with entertainment, dining and nightlife options. Amsterdam’s characteristic canals and the city’s top museums are just a short stroll from the hotel, as is the exclusive “PC Hooft” shopping street and the Vondelpark, a sprawling urban green space. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Heineken Brewery and the world famous Rijksmuseum, featuring a slew of Dutch masterpieces, including Rembrandt's "The Night Watch". The Museumsquare, home to several museums including the Van Gogh Museum, is just a ten-minute walk away from the NH Amsterdam Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your NH Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.