1) Internet service AWFUL! Wi-fi PAINFULLY slow, so we bought (at 9 euros per 24 hours!) 'fast' Ethernet connection (only able to use computer on desk w/connection to Ethernet cable). Even then, the connection had to be reset over and over as it continually disconnected. And my phone simply wouldn't connect at all. Woman at front desk was very kind and tried to sort it for me but when she couldn't, she got me on the phone to speak directly to Swisscom and although the woman was polite and tried to help, we just kept going round in circles where everything she told me to do, did nothing. Ended up spending almost half an hour on the phone to eventually be told it was a fault with my phone! A fault, apparently, that only happens in this particular hotel as was able to connect everywhere else in Amsterdam!
2. There was an INCREDIBLY RUDE woman who worked at breakfast 'welcome desk'. On Saturday, we witnessed her actually tell a man off for having the 'audacity' to take one banana and one apple from the fruit selection and take them with him. She told him he was not allowed to take 'his lunch' from the breakfast buffet! Now surely, it's one thing if the guy had been filling his backup up with food -- but taking one or two pieces of fruit after having paid either 17 euros or 20 euros (depending on whether he'd pre-booked) for breakfast, SURELY should 'entitle' him to a couple of pieces of fruit to take away? At the very least, it's an incredibly common thing for people to do and something we've NEVER seen ANY other hotel get shirty about!
On Sunday we did not have breakfast in the hotel but I went to buy a cup of coffee from the bar. No one was there, so I went over to the breakfast lady who was standing with a kind-looking male co-worker. I politely asked if, as no one at the bar, I could buy a cup of coffee from them. They both told me, simultaneously, and with smiles, to 'help myself' without charge to their coffee machines. Very kind! But then when my sleepy eyes didn't see the little cold milk jugs, I went to the big milk jugs by the breakfast cereals, and this woman followed me and practically accused me of trying to steal a bowl of cereal! As I left, walking between them, just as I was smiling at her co-worker and saying thank you to him, the woman (who had her back to me) said a loud "YOU'RE WELCOME!" as if I had no intention of thanking her too which I would've done had she given me half a second! This woman MUST go!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious four-star NH Amsterdam Centre hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Amsterdam. at It is right across from the lively Leidse Square in the fashion and museum district, an area brimming with entertainment, dining and nightlife options. Amsterdam's characteristic canals and the city's top museums are just a short stroll from the hotel, as is the exclusive "PC Hooft" shopping street and the Vondelpark, a sprawling urban green space. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Heineken Brewery and the world famous Rijksmuseum, featuring a slew of Dutch masterpieces, including Rembrandt's "The Night Watch". The Museumsquare, home to several museums including the Van Gogh Museum, is just a ten-minute walk away from the NH Amsterdam Centre.. The NH Amsterdam Centre hotel features 232 stylish standard and superior rooms as well as two elegant suites. The rooms come with a range of amenities, such as WiFi internet access, coffee- and tea-making facilities, air-conditiong, safe, minibar, iron and ironing board and a spacious work desk. Ristorante Sogno is one of the best Italian restaurants of the city. Enjoy the best of the traditional Italian gastronomy and experience the authentic Italian atmosphere. The Lounge 'L' in the lobby of the hotel is the perfect place to plan your day or unwind after seeing the sights. Relax with a coffee or cocktail while enjoying the views of the bustling Stadhouderskade and Leidse Squarehot. The hotel is within a three-minute walk to all tram connections and we offer direct airport shuttle service (surcharge). Plus, our knowledgeable staff is available to assist you with canal tour bookings and museum tickets. The NH Amsterdam Centre hotel offers a relaxing Wellness Center and state-of-the-art fitness center, which are the perfect ending to your busy day, whether you're here for pleasure or have just attended an event in one of our meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Otel so you can book your NH Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Amsterdam Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Nh Hotels Amsterdam
- Nh Hotel Amsterdam