This would have been a great location for us if Van Gogh Museum had not been temporarily relocated, but I guess it was tough luck plus lack of preparation on our part. Although not in most central location, there are plenty of things in Leidseplein and it is still well linked to other parts of the city by numerous trams and buses.
The rooms are very small, and nothing special for a four-star establishment as they advertise. We didn't take breakfast as it was overpriced. The WIFI is free and the leaflet with ID and password can be obtained from the reception.
The service from staff was very variable, and my general experience was negative. We booked two rooms for two nights, but the booking for one room was made separately for one night each. For that room, we were given key card that worked only for one night, and we had to go back to the reception, explained that we had continuous booking, and had it reactivated the next day. This process took a long time as the lady dealing with our issue seemed to have trouble processing it, and she was not very friendly. Also, on the last day of our staying, we went out to explore more of the city, and came back half an hour before the check-out time to get our luggage out of the room. The key cards did not work, so we had to go down to the reception, waited for a long time, and got the keys activated again. This forced us to take taxi instead of tram to the Central Station as we feared that we would miss our train to Belgium.
Unless you can get a great deal on the hotel, I wouldn't actively recommend this hotel for full price.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Amsterdam Centre Hotel
- Nh Amsterdam Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Nh Hotels Amsterdam
- Nh Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious four-star NH Amsterdam Centre hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Amsterdam. at It is right across from the lively Leidse Square in the fashion and museum district, an area brimming with entertainment, dining and nightlife options. Amsterdam’s characteristic canals and the city’s top museums are just a short stroll from the hotel, as is the exclusive “PC Hooft” shopping street and the Vondelpark, a sprawling urban green space. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Heineken Brewery and the world famous Rijksmuseum, featuring a slew of Dutch masterpieces, including Rembrandt's "The Night Watch". The Museumsquare, home to several museums including the Van Gogh Museum, is just a ten-minute walk away from the NH Amsterdam Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your NH Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.