After arriving at Amsterdam airport we decided to take the slow train to Lelylaan as detailed on the hotel website. From here we transferred onto a tram and got off at Surinemeplein, it took us a little while to actually find the hotel (located opposite the larger Fashion hotel) but with a map it would have been easier. Upon arrival we were welcomed by a friendly receptionist who provided us with a city map, wifi code and information on transport (extremely helpful!) The hotel was clean, modern, spacious and comfortable. It has all the amenities expected of both a 3 or 4 star such as a fridge and television. The only issue with this hotel is the location, after booking this last minute we did not realise the distance from the city centre (our fault we admit), and it does take at least a 30 minute journey including a fast paced walk to the tram stop to reach anywhere. As tourists only stopping here for a short time this was rather annoying as it wasted valuable time and meant that to arrive at a destination on time we had to wake up significantly earlier. Overall, we would not stay here again owing to the location - if visiting a city centre the best option is always to stay in the middle, however the hotel was itself nice. We did not eat the breakfast, we believed it was overpriced and found cheaper options when we made our way into the centre.
- Also Known As:
- Bastion Amsterdam/Centrum Zuidwest Hotel
- Bastion Amsterdam/Centrum Zuidwest Hotel Amsterdam
- Bastion Amsterdam Centrum Zuidwest
- Bastion Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bastion Hotel Groep stands for a personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive rate. Bastion Hotel Amsterdam/Centrum- Zuidwest offers a 24 hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the a la carte menu in the atmospheric restaurant. For relaxation and a nice ending of the day guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or smoking lounge. This lounge contains an lcd television, air-conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. The hotel also has free wireless internet in the entire hotel. In the lobby the hotel has a computer available, for guests, for free use of the internet. Domestic animals are not allowed. Location / accessibility Bastion Hotel Amsterdam/Centrum-Zuidwest lies along the A10, a milestone away from the Rembrandtpark. The hotel is therefore well accessible by car. Parking at the hotel costs 15 euro per day. By tram guests will reach the beautiful historical centre within 10 minutes. The Airport Schiphol is only 10 minutes away from the hotel. Rooms The 90 comfortable rooms in the hotel are equipped with two twin beds, a television, a telephone, a modem, airconditioning, a safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. Food & Beverage At Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Zuidwest guests can enjoy an extensive continental breakfast buffet, on weekdays from 06.00 Till 09.00 And in weekends from 07.00 Till 10.30. The atmospheric hotel is opened from 11.00 Till 23.00 For lunch and diner. When guests have a very busy schedule they can ask the hotel staff about the possibilities for a lunch package. The cozy hotel bar is opened till 23.30. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Bastion Amsterdam/Centrum Zuidwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.