“Just about ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bastion Amsterdam/Centrum Zuidwest

You added Bastion Amsterdam/Centrum Zuidwest to your Saves list
Bastion Amsterdam/Centrum Zuidwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelstraat 60 | Nachtwachtlaan, 1058 EV Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #258 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
London
“Just about ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Positives:
1) Considering expensive hotels in Amsterdam during peak time, this was a good buy at low rate.
2) It looked a decent size hotel in a quite location.
3) 5 mins from Tram station although hotel advices to use Suriname station which is good 15mins walk but there is another station "Derkinderenstraat"
4) Soup was good
5) Free Wifi

Negatives:
1) Room was not cleaned enough
2) Not enough toiletries
3) Next day they didn't even bothered to change towels or take away used plates/cups
4) The room was for two adults but everything was provided for only 1 adult.
5) Not many options of food around this hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Amsterdam/Centrum Zuidwest, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

With kind regards,
Maik Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Voss, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

A couple of friends and my wife and I stayed in Amsterdam at this hotel for three days. We were told that we were close to the metro, but it took us 10- 15 minutes to walk. The hotell was very difficult to find, no sign when we came out of the metro.It took some hours to get our rooms ready, and we could not understand why others got their rooms. We got a small room next to the metro/railway line which gave some noise. My wife needed a hairdryer, but it was not available. We put our names (my wife and the other lady in our company) on a list and we were promised a hairdryer- IT NEVER CAME- although we asked several times. This is really not good enough.
The breakfast was ok.
The area round the hotel was not very nice. We think we did not get value fro the money we spend stayinga t the hotel.
Asterdam -yes - Bastion - never again

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

A couple of friends and me went to visit Amsterdam for both my friends birthday and the Queen's day celebrations. The hotel was about 2miles from the centre, and takes about 45mins-1hr to walk. There is a tram stop only a couple of minutes away which can get you into the centre in about 15mins. The hotel room was very small, but very clean, we only needed a place to sleep so we were not to bothered about facilities etc. The price in our case was a little high in my opinion but this is no doubt due to the fact it was Queens Day weekend.

The hotel is great for a couple of nights in Amsterdam if you plan on going out in the morning and returning last thing at night, however the cost of your stay here would need to reflect this over staying in the centre itself. An average taxi ride was between 15-20 Euro's so you should factor this in, as the Tram's do stop around 1am I was told.

If the location was right in the centre then I would have given it more stars, but the distance, and the cost of taxi's will push the price of your holiday up.

So to sum up, if you can get a better location for a similar price maybe give that a go, if like me you plan on spending the whole day in the centre then stay here, I can at least say this hotel is friendly,clean and quiet.

Leoben, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

we didn't find anything else, that's the reason why we stayed here, it's pretty much outside the city, i didn't find it at first so i wandered around for half an hour...

very small bedrooms. not central, pretty expensive for not a central location...

will never see me again (not only because of the hotel, but i didn't like amsterdam that much either)

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I chose Bastion hotel as it is located close to a metro line, approximately 5-10 minutes by walk. By metro you are in 15 minutes in the very center of Amsterdam. From price/value I consider it as a good choice when visiting the city as a tourist, although you have to look for metro service hours.
The area is not very nice around and do not expect anything special from the hotel. But for the price you get a fairly nice and clean room. Some shops and fast food resaturants are around on the way to the metro station.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Amsterdam/Centrum Zuidwest, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Your opinion is very important to us!

Hopefully we meet you again in one of our Bastion Hotels!

Kind regards,

CEO
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Dutch hotel chains are seldom very good but this one reaches previously unfathomable depths. I should have guessed that its status as the only hotel for miles around with ANY availability during a major trade show was a clear indication that even the cockroaches would rather stay somewhere else.

A few things I hate about this place:
* The location - miles from anywhere and with nothing around to see or do
* The reception stinks of smoke because nobody closes the door on the 'smoking room'.
* The receptionist - young, blonde, arrogant and extraoridinarily rude
* Receptionist ignored me for several minutes to finish a heated phone call with what sounded like a friend.
* Charged me for two nights full payment on my credit card up front (despite having a card number to guarantee the room) telling me "That's normal with us" - normal for you doesn't make it RIGHT or normal in anyone else's standards
* After charging us for two nights we got 'fast check out invoices' after one night - clearly expecting us to leave a night early even though we'd paid.
* Restaurant menu is very dull
* Breakfast buffet with no glasses, no plates, no bowls and coffee that tasted like it had stewed for weeks
* We couldn't get into the car park to get the car - took 10 minutes to get them to open the barrier. And the car park is NOT free - it's charged at 15 euros a night.
* When we returned the card keys had been deactivated - nasty blonde reception lady claimed it was our fault because 'The key doesn't work if you put it near a phone or metal things' - strange that this is the ONLY hotel in the universe to invent that excuse when they've deactivated the keys because they got your booking wrong.

We had to pay nearly €150 euros for single occupancy rooms in this really third-rate hotel. I don't expect a lot from a Dutch hotel but this is a really really rubbish place to stay.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere - please