“ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! BRILLIANT STAY!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord

Save Saved
You added Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord to your Saves list
Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rode Kruisstraat 28, 1025 KN Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #168 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Stockport, UK
“ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! BRILLIANT STAY!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have been to Amsterdam a couple of times now and the first time we stayed right in the centre opposite Central Station at the NH Barbican Palace at which we got an amazing deal. This time we booked the flights in advance at brilliant prices but upon looking for accommodation in our price range we just could not find anything central.

We then found this hotel, which is slightly out of town, but only a ten minute bus ride away. We were slightly sceptical at first as it was in the suburbs and we really did wonder how far away it would be as reviews on here range from 5 minutes to half an hour.

Well, it really is about 10 minutes maximum on the bus and the buses are about every 10 minutes. The most we ever waited was actually 10 minutes maximum. The vicinity of the hotel is a suburb, but it is nice and clean and very quiet indeed. There isn't much to do around the area apart from a small restaurant opposite the hotel, but there is a shopping centre about 10 minutes down the road which is quite nice to have a look at.

The hotel is like a UK Travelodge, just a little bit better. Rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. The hotel staff are the most friendliest people you could ever wish to meet and will go out of their way to make you welcome.

If you are on a budget, then you will be really impressed with this hotel.

We will certainly be returning next time we visit Amsterdam, in fact, this will probably be our number one choice from now on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in May 2012. From main terminal, 15 minute bus ride. At first hard to find. Very clean and nice room. Main desk people had no personality and were not very helpful when asking for information. Restaurant very expensive so we had our meals elsewhere. Nothing around the Hotel. I would have liked a place better located in Amsterdam.
The Amsterdam pass was great for the trains, buses and museums. If you have a car this is a great hotel, free and plenty of parking.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Sarnia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was looking for a hotel for 4 people on a business trip. We found this hotel room through Expedia. At first glance it looks nice and the room was nice and it was clean. We did experience a few problems. We had our dinner here and 2 of the three meals were not good. Two people had the teriyaki wok. One problem was they ran out of rice and french fries didn't go well with the meal. Without the rice, the teriyaki sauce was too strong. The meat was also tough. The third meal was spare ribs and they were okay. They want 14 Euro for breakfast and, besides being on the expensive side, the evening meal turned us off to trying their breakfast.

The thing that irked me the most is the internet connection. For some reason, you cannot send out emails through outlook as they have blocked that. Not only that, but they also blocked me from my web-mail program. So i have to leave the hotel, and find a place that had internet, to send my emails. I come here for business and I find this unacceptable. I went to the front desk and noticed that there is a sign stating that you cannot use Outlook to send so they do this on purpose.

Before I realised the email problem, I did book a second night and they charged me 33% more for the room than the first night. Because I am on business and on a tight schedule, I just paid it and decided to keep working.

If you don't need internet, and are not looking for a place to eat, this place should be okay, provided you book through a third party in advance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our employees in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you can accept my apologies.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked this establishment because most hotels in Amsterdam were either full or too expensive. The hotel is in an Amsterdam suburb, a ten minute bus ride from the train station. There is no restaurants or attractions in that area. The rooms were average with 2 single beds (no other accommodation was available) and with no air conditioning, it was difficult to have a good night's sleep, I must say that there was not enough storage for our clothes. The bathroom was small, with a distinct humid odor, and with the door always closing, we could not air it after our shower. With no bars of soap, no facial tissues, I think there could be some improvement in that area. On the other hand, the breakfast was very good and the lady who was cooking the eggs, very nice. The restaurant is open at night but the food is average. I think this accommodation is OK for one night, but it was not our case and unless you are in a bind, we cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord, responded to this review, September 24, 2013

essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

my boyfriend and i stayed here with three friends for three nights last week. the hotel is a 10i-15min bus ride (no 32 or 33) from the central station. bus stops outside hotel

the room was ok basic but what you expect from this kind of hotel _like travelodge). our room was missing the hair dryer promised when booking but i asked in reception and this was provided - the receptionist told me this is because not all rooms have hairdryers but if it is advertised as being there i would expect this to be there in the first place.

our tea and coffee was not replaced on the 2nd morning there but we informed reception again who provided us with the missing tea and coffee although again this is something the cleaners should of replaced and our cups were not cleaned by them either. also no milk unless asked for in our room or the 2 other rooms our friends stayed in. we also had a pubic hair in our sink when we got there which isnt particulary nice!!

bedding felt itchy to me and at times the traffic was loud outside on ground floor room at back of hotel but in general was a quiet hotel - would probably stay here again as once asleep we all had a good nights sleep and hotel was basic but provided just what we needed after exploring city all day and staff were nice and polite - however more attention to detail needed regarding amenities for above reasons to rooms

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

I hope you can accept my apologies.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed here with my partner from september 12th-14. We left our car in the free car park and were able to check into our room right away (we arrived in the afternoon). The room was alright - the bathroom was tiny and the room was a bit small to open 2 suitcases, but it was well equipped with a TV, a fan, a free safe, an alarm clock, as well as a small fridge and even a kettle with tea and (powder) coffee. We did not dare use the latter due to the suspicious smell on its inside.

Service was almost flawless: the girls at the reception were very kind and friendly. We have only encountered one problem regarding service. We were still in the room the first time room cleaning came, so they were supposed to come a second time after we'd left. When we came back we found our room just as we left it and our towels hadn't been changed either - we had to ask twice before we got dry ones.

We opted out of breakfast given its price and had breakfast in town instead. The bus stop is less than 100 meters away and takes about 10 minutes to get to the city center; hour tickets at 2.80€, day ticket 7.50€. Reception gave out an information sheet regarding which bus to take; note that they're different ones for day and night.

Overall it was great to spend a week-end here.The location was great, pricing was reasonable, staff were pleasant and also: free wi-fi!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord? Share your experiences!