“ok basic hotel close to city centre” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord

Save Saved
You added Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord to your Saves list
Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rode Kruisstraat 28, 1025 KN Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #168 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
essex
“ok basic hotel close to city centre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

my boyfriend and i stayed here with three friends for three nights last week. the hotel is a 10i-15min bus ride (no 32 or 33) from the central station. bus stops outside hotel

the room was ok basic but what you expect from this kind of hotel _like travelodge). our room was missing the hair dryer promised when booking but i asked in reception and this was provided - the receptionist told me this is because not all rooms have hairdryers but if it is advertised as being there i would expect this to be there in the first place.

our tea and coffee was not replaced on the 2nd morning there but we informed reception again who provided us with the missing tea and coffee although again this is something the cleaners should of replaced and our cups were not cleaned by them either. also no milk unless asked for in our room or the 2 other rooms our friends stayed in. we also had a pubic hair in our sink when we got there which isnt particulary nice!!

bedding felt itchy to me and at times the traffic was loud outside on ground floor room at back of hotel but in general was a quiet hotel - would probably stay here again as once asleep we all had a good nights sleep and hotel was basic but provided just what we needed after exploring city all day and staff were nice and polite - however more attention to detail needed regarding amenities for above reasons to rooms

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our employees in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you can accept my apologies.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed here with my partner from september 12th-14. We left our car in the free car park and were able to check into our room right away (we arrived in the afternoon). The room was alright - the bathroom was tiny and the room was a bit small to open 2 suitcases, but it was well equipped with a TV, a fan, a free safe, an alarm clock, as well as a small fridge and even a kettle with tea and (powder) coffee. We did not dare use the latter due to the suspicious smell on its inside.

Service was almost flawless: the girls at the reception were very kind and friendly. We have only encountered one problem regarding service. We were still in the room the first time room cleaning came, so they were supposed to come a second time after we'd left. When we came back we found our room just as we left it and our towels hadn't been changed either - we had to ask twice before we got dry ones.

We opted out of breakfast given its price and had breakfast in town instead. The bus stop is less than 100 meters away and takes about 10 minutes to get to the city center; hour tickets at 2.80€, day ticket 7.50€. Reception gave out an information sheet regarding which bus to take; note that they're different ones for day and night.

Overall it was great to spend a week-end here.The location was great, pricing was reasonable, staff were pleasant and also: free wi-fi!

Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. Hotel is ideal for visiting Amsterdam with a car as has a free car park and buses leave c every 10 minutes a few metres away. Deluxe room plenty big enough, clean with added bonus of fridge for personal use.definitely recommend and return if visiting the city again.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hello,

This hotel is possibly the best hotel I have ever stayed at first of all il start with my experience.
me and my partner booked a 5 day trip to amsterdam in August and found this hotel on clever hotels to put us up for 4 nights. However when we got there they told us that there was no booking for us, after hours of searching they found out that this companyhad went into liquidation. We had received no email or phone call to tell us this and we where stuck in a country we have never been to before with no where to stay. To make it worse this hotel was fully booked. Luckily after hours of phoning hotels (to find them fully booked too) bastion hotel was able to make arrangements with us where we could stay there for the four nights. Although there was a charge this wasn't their fault. The woman at reception was fantastic with us, putting us first, translating phone calls that we couldn't understand and constantly on the phone to head office begging them to help us. Not many hotels would go out of their way to do that for us!

Onto the hotel, the room are gorgeous, very spacious and extremely clean. Maids come every morning and will even phone later on to see if you want your room cleaned if they couldn't get in previously. There is a kettle and working fridge in the hotel free of charge, however the safe does have a charge (all hotels charge though)

There is a smoking area in the hotel(tobacco only obviously) and a bar that serves till 11.
I cannot comment on the breakfast which is served from 6-10 because we never ate it but I did hear it was lovely.

It isn't in amsterdam centre but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel (number 32 or 33 to centre) which run from 6-12 every ten minutes then a bus (361 or 363) from midnight-6am, the bus takes 10 mins so is very close to the centre and a day ticket is 7.50 euro so cheap and that can be used on the trams too.

I would highly highly recommend this hotel to anyone, it's slightly on the expensive side at just over 100 pound per night, but it is worth it!

Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel is located very close to the bus stop and only a 10 minute bus ride from the central station and the buses run frequently so the out of town location is no problem at all. The rooms are spacious and quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

Holland, Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

It is a basic hotel. Conveniently located near a busstation to explore Amsterdam with a dayticket of their public transport system. And: with free parking! (I guess that should be their selling point in Amsterdam).

Room is clean, bathroom small. Food is okay, not just breakfast options but real restaurant with enough options to please everybody.

Staff is friendly and makes the experience a little bit better. But all in all, the hotel itself (building and decor) can not be rated higher than average, especially when you see how much it costs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at bastion receptionist friendly but I felt for her she seemed to to running hotel with little help . Room was adequate but had a smell of stale cigarette smoke (I did tell the receptionist room was dark due to small window and hot ( although they did provide a fan)
dining area could have done with a clean dead flies and dirty tables. Prices were not cheap €17 for fish and chips. Overall staff were friendly and helpful but hotel could do with a deep clean and overall.

• Stayed August 2013
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies.

Maik Willems

Been to Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam / Centrum-Noord? Share your experiences!