I picked this hotel because it had free parking (a major issue in Amsterdam) and was within reach of the centre. It also proved to be well-situated from the major road routes to/from Amsterdam. I was very satisfied with my 3-night stay there.
Normally I would pick a smaller, 'family' guesthouse or hotel in a more rural location, but this is scarcely an option in Amsterdam. However I had a large, very clean, well-appointed 'twin-as-single' room with excellent ensuite bath/shower room and free wi-fi. The public rooms,bar, etc were all fine.
I ate breakfasts here and (once) dined in the restaurant. The breakfasts are a little pricey - but excellent quality and range, and (of course) are an 'all-you-can-eat' buffet. I would say they were equal to the best I had in the Netherlands and Germany. The dinner was also good quality and very well served; and the bar was also good for a large hotel.
Contrary to some reviewers' comments, the metro really is an 8~9 minutes easy walk and is a decent connection to Amsterdam Centraal (and most other locations); I too had to 'divert' once due to work on the line, but a tram/Metro combination was easy and effective.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bastion Hotel Groep stands for a personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive rate. The Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel offers a 24 hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the a la carte menu in the atmospheric restaurant. Guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or smoking lounge. This lounge contains an LCD television, air conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. The hotel also offers a fitness room which guests can use free of charge, air conditioning and free wireless internet. The lobby has a computer for guests; they can use the internet for free. Domestic animals are not allowed. Location / accessibility Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel is situated near the A10, exit S11. It's close to the RAI and the Amsterdam Arena. The hotel also has free parking places. You can reach the historical centre of Amsterdam within ten minutes by public transport. Here you can find all the famous attractions within reach. This hotel is therefore ideal for business and leisure guests. Rooms The hotel has 120 comfort rooms, 63 deluxe rooms and 9 Quads. The comfort rooms are equipped with a television, a modem, a bureau, a safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. The deluxe rooms are extra equipped with a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The Quads are more spacious than the deluxe rooms and are equiped with a sleeping sofa and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 6:00 till 9:00 hrs and on weekends from 7:00 till 10:30 hrs. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 till 23:00 hrs for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open till 23.30 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Bastion Hotel Amsterdam / Amstel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel Hotel Amsterdam
- Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam