“Close to Amsterdam ArenA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel

You added Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel to your Saves list
Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Verlengde Van Marwijk Kooystraat 30, 1114 AC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #243 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Close to Amsterdam ArenA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We choose to stay here since we where attending an avent at Amsterdam Arena.
the service was really godd, we asked for late checkout and that was no problem.
they have a small restaurant and bar on the ground floor.
We didnt try their food but the staff tending the bar was servieminded.
There' a gasstation close to the hotel if you want to buy lighter refreshments
a taxi from central sation costs about 16 euro and from the ariport (AMS) we paid 44 Euro

The location of this hotell is in a business park so there's really nothing to se, i recommend that you buy a Bus/metro card to get into town, was easy and cheap

All-in-all we had a really great stay here.
Amsterdam is a fantastic city and we will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again in one of our hotels.

Maik Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I don't expect to pay nearly £100 for a single night in a hotel (without breakfast) to find dusty old socks, bottle tops, the end of a joint and other bits of debris under my bed. However this was completely overshadowed by the old tissues and pizza box my son found under his!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

If you want to see Amsterdam, the location is HORRIBLE! They tell you it's a 7 minute walk to the closest train station... In reality it's 20. The restaurant in the hotel is literally the WORST food I have ever eatin and the closest place to buy food( that isn't over a 20 min walk) is a gas station ... Everyone knows how horrible gas station food is. The staff was rude and made us wait often. Not in a million years will I ever return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013

Kent, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My son and I stayed there on Friday 5th of June to watch The Who at the Ziggo Dome. The hotel is basic but adequate. Rooms were clean with good showers and basic shampoo & soaps available. There is a small restaurant and bar. For a one night stay for the Ziggo Dome it is best placed although still a Euro 12 cab ride away, or a 30 minutes walk but I don't think it has any value staying there otherwise, there are better locations and hotels in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Splash out the cab fare from the airport rather than work out the public services, especially if in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013

Venlo, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Efficient basic hotel at reasonable price with ditto personel, bar and restaurant . Nothing fancy besides free carparking. Small room with fridge and fairly clean. Not for long stay. Too far away from public transports, but OK for youngsters.

Room Tip: Ask for room not too close to elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again in one of our hotels.

Herne Bay, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel suited our needs as we were not aiming to spend much time in the hotel. The breakfasts were quite expensive but on the plus side they are all you can eat so if you want value for money then fill up your plate enough times so that you do not have to spend much money on lunch. The staff were friendly and the rooms were kept very clean and tidy. I would say that the location is ideal if you want to escape the rushed and hectic atmosphere of Amsterdam and also being 10 minutes away from the nearest metro station you can travel to the city and back with the GVB travel passes. I would not recommend if you are going away as a couple and looking for something fancy & romantic

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Amsterdam.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had stayed here for a night in first week of May'13. Had to opt for this as my usual option was fully booked. Room was neat and clean but small. Access was okay with 5-7 min walk to the station. Reception was not so clean but there was good sitting space in the lobby. I did not opt for breakfast as the reviews in tripadvisor were not good. Wifi bandwidth was good. Staff at reception were okay. Overall, an okay experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013

Maik Willems

Been to Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel? Share your experiences!